Help, missing ID plate

paulie0735

Chief Petty Officer
Hello from Australia, I have recently purchased what I believe to be a late 90's Johnson 150, unfortunately the ID plate listing the serial and model number is missing. I have the engine number and I understand that a dealer can identify the motor based on the engine number but the OMC brands are no longer supported downunder so I'm reaching out to what I know are some seriously well connected and knowledgeable people on this forum in the hope that somebody can accurately identify exactly what I have bought, ordering parts from abroad (USA) without knowing exactly what it is is a bit of a concern so if anybody can help I sure would appreciate it.
The number stamped into the engine block reads as - G05668999

paulie0735

Chief Petty Officer
Posting some pictures may help.
They wont actually, I know its a 60deg looper V6 with a 25" leg and it has the older style engine covers with 2 latches so its mid to late 90's but without the id plate there's not much else to know. I'm hoping somebody can decipher the engine number and confirm the year and HP rating?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Why would a picture not help ????-----At one time you could call BRP head quarters to get the answer to your question.-----Not anymore I believe.----Good luck with it.

paulie0735

Chief Petty Officer
Why would a picture not help ????-----At one time you could call BRP head quarters to get the answer to your question.-----Not anymore I believe.----Good luck with it.
I'm not against posting a photo but I don't have a photobucket account. Problem is it looks exactly the same as every other mid to late 90's, 60deg Looper V6 Johnson outboard ever built so a photo will simply show what I and anybody else reading this already knows. I'm told that deciphering the engine number is the only way to know exactly what it was when it left the factory. You're right about BRP, they were no help at all....