Help me Sleep at night.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Once in awhile, certain questions arise that just bug me no end. I'll spend sleepless night after sleepless night pondering the answer. Sometimes there is an answer. Other times there are only more questions. So please help me figure this one out. I get grumpy when I don't get my sleep.<br /><br />"How does a fly Land on a ceiling?"

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Help me Sleep at night.

copied from some website:<br /><br />Prior to impact, the fly extends its forward legs over its head, makes contact, and uses the momentum it has gathered in flight to hoist the remainder of its body to the ceiling.<br /><br />Once the fly reunites all six feet on the ceiling, it keeps things dizzingly exciting, by gracefully tiptoing across the ceiling, securing itself by using sticky pads found under the two claws attached to each of its feet.

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

thats easy upside down :D

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Same as it does on the floor, but upside down.<br /><br />But is it called landing if it is still up there?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Feet up,wings down. Next question.

dolluper

Captain

With a yeppy yha ho another human to bug!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) And the entire life of the house fly is spent within a few hundred feet of the area where it was born!!! :D :D <br /><br />WillyBwright!! Hope this one don't keep U up!!<br /><br />What is a Flatus or Flatulence and "SMELLS???? :p :p <br /><br />Happy Holidays!!! :cool: :cool:

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

I can see if the US accidently launches a nuke will the world retaliate?<br /><br />Is that comet close enough and big enough to end all life on earth?<br /><br />When I hit retirement will I be able to enjoy it or will I be a vegetable?<br /><br />But loosing sleep on the question of a fly on the ceiling? <br /><br />I dont envy you man. You must be real tired.

crab bait

Captain

well it is a horse fly, dragon fly, sheep fly, teesy fly, house fly, greenassfly, or trouser fly,infield fly, or rain fly.. <br /><br />for i to help,, i need to know.. i'll catch you on the fly..

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> well it is a horse fly, dragon fly, sheep fly, teesy fly, house fly, greenassfly, or trouser fly,infield fly, or rain fly.. <br /><br />for i to help,, i need to know.. i'll catch you on the fly..
But I'll be done seen about everything, when I see an elephant fly...

Homerr

Commander

I thought I questioned a lot of things but flies on ceilings? Hmmm...<br /><br />I'll get back to my question fof all time... Women!<br /><br /><br />H.

Trent

Captain

pink_elephant_flying_lg_nwm.gif
<br /><br />You done....... :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Could be worse.<br />You could be a dislexic angnostic insomniac.<br />Then you could lie awake all night and wonder if there really is a d-o-g.

KaGee

Admiral

Here's one Willy sure to keep ya thinkin another night or two...<br /><br />How much wood could a wood chuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

ob

Admiral

Talk about picking the fly poop outa the pepper.Don't think I'd be losing much sleep over that one. :rolleyes:

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

See that? That's what keeps me up. First there's the amazing answer. But then come more questions. It's a vicious circle. Will it ever stop? Will I ever be sane again??? ;)

Kiwi Phil

Commander

My wife, many years back, use to have sleepless nights, toss and turn etc etc.<br />It use to keep me awake too.<br />Then I decided on a solution.<br />I'd give her a gentle snack on the ar*e and say, "seeing your awake, just roll over here darl'and we'll have some fun".<br />She has never had that problem since, which I reckon is blo*dy typical....<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by Kiwi Phil:<br /> My wife, many years back, use to have sleepless nights, toss and turn etc etc.<br />It use to keep me awake too.<br />Then I decided on a solution.<br />I'd give her a gentle snack on the ar*e and say, "seeing your awake, just roll over here darl'and we'll have some fun".<br />She has never had that problem since, which I reckon is blo*dy typical....<br />Cheers<br />Phillip
Our wives must talk!!!