dan t.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Help ID'n this COOL old boat

I think it must have belonged to Buck Rogers, wow what a cool craft:eek:

reelfishin

Captain

Is that thing aluminum?
It would be cool to know the history behind it.

stubbsboogie

Chief Petty Officer

That thing sure does look awesome. Hope someone comes along and IDs it. I wold love to have that one to playwith.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Ol' puget sounder really tossed a grenade in the room then walked away with this one. Hasn't been back online since this post... now that we're all slobbering and champin' at the bit and everything.

I did a quick look on C/L in the Seattle area, but didn't see a listing for this boat. Man... I'd be seriously interested if it is for sale. I have a buddy in Seattle who could help check it out, etc.

Dagnabitall! :D

reelfishin

Captain

I'd have to really give some serious thought as to whether or not it was even made on US soil. That thing for some reason makes me think of some of the camper boats more common to the UK. Although if it's 30.5' long, it's bit large for that.
What is that formation on the cabin roof? Some sort of fin or a taxi sign?
Possibly a river ferry or water taxi or some sort? It looks to hard to board to be meant for passenger service though.
The dual exaust could mean a V6, V8, V12 or other or even twin Inline 6 cylinders, which I think maybe more likely if it is indeed from the 40's or early 50's. Now seeing that it's 30.5' long, that seems more likely.

Another thing that comes to mind is that during the 50's and 60's there were several calls by the US navy for boat builders to come up with a prototype for a patrol boat for use in Asia, this could quite possibly be something to that effect.

Either way, it needs to be restored, its too original a boat to just let sit.

cr2k

Captain

OK here is my guess:

Since it is in the Sacramento area...Maybe a Pilot Boat from the old days on the Delta. As for engine I would guess it was a flathead V-8 maybe a old caddy engine as they used for just about everything military back then.

One thing for sure it would be totally awesome to be cruising the Delta or Lake Tahoe in it.

Dustin07

Seaman Apprentice

too cool. I want to know when they figure it out-

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

So,,,,Who do I have to kill??

Arrr matey,,If I see it on the water, I will take it and it will be my new flagship!! :D

Aint that something! :cool:

Hey and welcome to the party