Help identifying wiring on starter

CapRedbeard

Seaman Apprentice
2000 Four Winns Horizon 170
3.0 Volvo Penta
Photo attached

I’m adding a house battery with a smart isolator and I am looking for some help identifying these wires and which ones to pull off of the starter and run to my house battery

The 2/0 gauge runs to the starter battery obviously. The orange wire (4 gauge?) runs to the alternator. Purple is ignition. The smallest red wire (10 gauge?) runs to the helm fuse panel.

I plan on running the smallest red wire to my house battery for radio/fish finder etc. Looking for some help identifying the medium (8 gauge?) red wire and if I need to run any other wires to my house battery. No auto bilge pump float, manual only.

Thanks in advance, I’ve learned so much already from browsing these forums!

Attachments

• 130EF552-384B-4D99-A201-B4ADBDF4B2D7.jpeg
    130EF552-384B-4D99-A201-B4ADBDF4B2D7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Personally, I would not remove/change anything.

Boat wiring tends to be a mess. Everything is done to save time and money. I want a good, clean feed to my electronics.

I would disconnect existing wire from the fuse panel and run new wire back to your house battery.

CapRedbeard

Seaman Apprentice
Personally, I would not remove/change anything.

Boat wiring tends to be a mess. Everything is done to save time and money. I want a good, clean feed to my electronics.

I would disconnect existing wire from the fuse panel and run new wire back to your house battery.
Thanks for the input and suggestion - that thought did cross my mind and I just might do that for the helm fuse panel instead. Any knowledge as to the other connections on the starter?