FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
lol, no lie, the wife and I are beginning to think it is homemade, the guy I bought it from, bought it from someone else a while ago and has no other information about it.
I would guess its one of the earlier ones made before alum logs became common and good trailers were developed I am guessing 1960 or so. What dose it say on the tittle. That is only the second one I have ever seen with the trailer built into the boat.
Yes sir, you pull that pin at the top, you can not see it but there is a bar about halfway down, using the handle at the top you pull the whole assembly up until you can put the leaf springs on it.
lol yep, the project is underway, going to rebuild the engine this weekend, the wife is headed to Home Depot to get a sand blaster and some marine paint, brother in-law is coming up to help with the wiring. I'll post photos as we go, thanks for the inputs.
"I sure am glad we have mastered aluminum welding, I can't imagine building boats out of steel." Don't say that to loud around the boys that build aircraft carriers.