Help Identify This Skeeter Boat...

68rs327

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
May 3, 2012
Messages
21
I just purchased this Skeeter boat, and would like to know what model it is? I found the serial number plate, but I can not find anywhere on the boat a tag that tells the model number. I know it's a 1980 year model and it is a Skeeter, but that's it. The boat is ALL aluminum, even the floors, which is why I bought it. I can find very little on Google about the Skeeter aluminum boats and can't find anywhere what models they were.
I know it's not the Skeeter SS-1, Wrangler II-V, Wrangler 16-V, or the Starfire 18.. They are all fiberglass boats.
I bought the boat for a project, and I am curious what model Skeeter boat it is.
Here are a few photos that may help., hoping some of you owned one in the past and can identify this boat.
 

Attachments

  • photo247176.jpg
    photo247176.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo247179.jpg
    photo247179.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo247180.jpg
    photo247180.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
1,923
Skeeter only builds fiberglass boats,..

G3 builds aluminum boats,...

Both are owned by Yamaha, And for a few years they branded some G3's as Skeeters,...

I'd start researching the G3's the same size and you'll probably find more info.
 

68rs327

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
May 3, 2012
Messages
21
teamster, Thanks!
The boat is tagged as Skeeter, I'll research G3
 
Top