Help decide '97 Chapparal 1930 ss v8

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Help decide '97 Chapparal 1930 ss v8

Not many of these boats are purchased new by folks that just trash the toys, what you do see are folks who pay attention to details buying these boats, and generally, taking good care of them. They are one of the better built boats and you seem to know this already. Great choice!!

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Glad to hear it passed the inspection and if you do indeed buy it, good luck, enjoy and be safe! Oh, and for what it is worth, welcome to boat ownership in general and the chap family in particular. While not near as active as this site or not near as helpful either, there is a chaparral owners club forum with some knowledgable folks that can help with any "model specific" questions you might have in the future. Again, good luck.

jkust

Rear Admiral

Not many of these boats are purchased new by folks that just trash the toys, what you do see are folks who pay attention to details buying these boats, and generally, taking good care of them. They are one of the better built boats and you seem to know this already. Great choice!!

Ding ding...you win a prize. That's exactly my thought and of course I'm living it as well. That 196 above would have been a steel at 15k.

KFS

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a '94 2130 SST/Sport and still love it! Keep it garaged and clean it just about every time its taken out. Do all the preventative maintenance myself. These are very well built!

Thank you! We will definitely be storing it indoors and our 13 yo DD is mildly OCD about "her" boats. It's like having a Boat Maid. :)

KFS

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sounds like you are going to pull the trigger, if so you will be on the lake before the week end. Now I am jealous!

I will actually be at two soccer tournaments this weekend with the kids. Still jealous? ;)

I don't want to add a string of endless quotes + "Thank you" to this thread but I do want to thank each and every one of you who chimed in. Your experience and input was invaluable and your taking the time to share it with us was and is very much appreciated!

KFS

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Glad to hear it passed the inspection and if you do indeed buy it, good luck, enjoy and be safe! Oh, and for what it is worth, welcome to boat ownership in general and the chap family in particular. While not near as active as this site or not near as helpful either, there is a chaparral owners club forum with some knowledgable folks that can help with any "model specific" questions you might have in the future. Again, good luck.

Thank you!

I only know this because kind friends and forum members have educated me. I honestly could not have done this without so many kind people sharing their knowledge and time out of goodness of their hearts and kindness. Thank you!!!