Help building an inexpensive snowmobile trailer?

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My nephew needs a twin snowmobile trailer (street legal). He can't afford to buy a new one and there aren't very many used ones for sale up here (syracuse, ny area). <br /><br />I thought I've seen parts in some of the tool catalogues where you can build your own, but can't remember which ones. <br /><br />Anyone have experience or advice w.r.t. building an inexpensive snowmobile trailor?<br /><br />b.t.w., if anyone reading this is from near this area and into fishing, my nephew is on the cover of the 1st 2006 issue of Lake Ontario Outdoors magazine (with a Winter Steelhead).<br /><br />Didn't know if best to post here or in the trailers section, but figured most of the trailers stuff would be about boat trailers.<br /><br />Thanks for any advice.

heycods

Captain
Re: Help building an inexpensive snowmobile trailer?

Build one out of a used boat trailer

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks, I'll pass on both suggestions. <br /><br />To convert a boat trailer he'd need to find a tilt trailer so he could drive on & off.<br /><br />The watertown trailer sounds like a good deal, <br />I'll see if it's in his budget range.

Ron G

Commander

You can get a cheap lawnmower trailer at tractor supply or even go and look at one and take pics,from there you can build your own they even sell all the stuff you need.

Laddies

Banned

Northern Tool.com has trailer packages, plans and parts