Help! 30 Amp Main circuit breaker bad Wellcraft

dkempton

Seaman Apprentice
My Wellcraft Martinique's main 30amp circuit breaker for shore power is bad. the previous owner bypassed it so i didn't have any protection and I want to fix it. Problem is I can't find a replacement (which may have been the reason they bypassed it in the first place!) The OEM breaker was a Carling Switch AB3-X0-00-739-3D1-C. I contacted Carling and they said it was a proprietary switch and that I need to contact the manufacturer. Wellcraft doesn't make this boat any more so I'm at a loss as to where and get a replacement breaker. it's a 3 pole/1 actuator switch. A search on the internet doesn't show many 3 pole breakers - I could only find 2 pole breakers at west marine. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMAG0109.jpg
    IMAG0109.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0112.jpg
    IMAG0112.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 0

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help! 30 Amp Main circuit breaker bad Wellcraft

Here ya go with some Cutler Hammer breakers

http://www.relectric.com/Circuit-Breakers

Since none of these may be direct replacements, you could add a Cutler Hammer panel that accepts this breaker, install that small panel next to the current one and just run power into the new panel and then pass it back to the old.

dkempton

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Help! 30 Amp Main circuit breaker bad Wellcraft

Thanks but Carling Tech found a part number that would essentially be a direct replacement. It's still a proprietary circuit breaker that works with the bonding system but at least they're still making it. Thanks for your reply.