Hello, and Thanks for the Info (Updated Pics)

Hello all, and Thank you again for all the info that is posted, I have been reading all the posts on boat restorations, and now I feel I am ready to tackle my own Project. What I just bought is a 1982 Sea Nymph Fishing Machine 16' with a 2004 Evinrude E-Tec 50HP, that I plan on replacing the floor and seating, and adding a few things.
P6030009.jpg

P6030015.jpg

P6030012.jpg

I will post more and keep updated as I go along, I have gutted the boat, and now I have to decide on a few things, Floor plan, going from remote steer to tiller, and storage. I purchaced the boat for $1900.00. Could not pass up this deal.* I still have to finish my house, so I want to save money where I can on the boat. The ole lady says I can only drop a Grand on her.
Thanks again DownRiverDave

Last edited:
Re: Hello, and Thanks for the Info.

Hello again, here are some updated pics of the Gutting. I did not get pic's of the soaked foam, but I am sure everyone knows what that looks like.
I put the side console back to see if I want to keep it or not, I am still leaning towards installing a tiller on the motor.
The A-B foam arrived yesterday, as did the Deco Dot and Glue, now all I have to do is decide on which Epoxy I want to use for the floor.
Thanks again.

P7230031.jpg

P7230032.jpg

Wiring Mess, I will redo it with a nice schematic.
P7230033.jpg

TheWoodCrafter

Chief Petty Officer

Looks pretty clean now.
Some plywood, carpet and elbow grease and you're done.
Keep the pictures coming.

Andy in NY

Commander

Sounds like you got a deal... that motor is probably worth what you paid for it by itself!

Your right Andy, I could not pass up the deal on the boat, someone I know needed the money ASAP to make there house payment, and I had the money on hand. I have already been offered double just for the Engine.
The past owner of the boat has not had it in the water in over 2 years, I hooked a hose up to the E-Tec, she fired right up, and I knew I had to have it, even with every thing water logged.
I hope to end up with a duel boat, fishing & duck hunting.

Thanks.

Re: Hello, and Thanks for the Info (UpDate)

Re: Hello, and Thanks for the Info (UpDate)

Hello all, here are a few pics of my progress so far. I have decided to use Deco Dot for my Deck covering. I am using 3/4 Marine Grade Plywood for the bow top decks and my side hatch's, for the Deck I am using 1/2 Marine. I have coated all wood with Epoxy, two coats complete.
As far as fasteners, for the top Bow Decks, and the lower bow deck I installed 1/4x20 Rivet Nuts, with Oval top Stainless Screws 2".
I am replacing most of my foam, I completly filled the Bow, but I am not pouring foam down the middle.
We thats it so far.

My Bow Deck Mounted
BowRefurb.jpg

Bow filling with Foam
BowFoam.jpg

This is the Rivet Nut setter I used
NutsettoolDecoDot.jpg

How I am mounting all Decking
NutDriveInatalled.jpg

Setting up to pour more Foam
StarboardFoamPrep.jpg

Thanks again,
DownRiverDave

Off-Peak

Petty Officer 2nd Class

DRD, Looking good...!! I like the texture cover on the bow...
-OP-

Re: Hello, and Thanks for the Info (Updated Pics 9-15-08)

Re: Hello, and Thanks for the Info (Updated Pics 9-15-08)

Well I have got a little more done on the old girl.
c232aa45.jpg

I am slowley getting her done, the Deco Dot and the 3 coats of Epoxy on the plywood takes a while to finish each section.
c36d96c3.jpg

The Finished Bow Sure does collect the clutter.
bb349eba.jpg

Still trying to work out the storage hatch.
734b4395.jpg

Well thanks for looking, I will keep updated as I go along.

Thanks,
DownRiverDave

Last edited:

redfury

Commander
Re: Hello, and Thanks for the Info (Updated Pics)

Deco Dot...what is it, like a vinyl wrap for each section of floor? Looks like you can pretty much dismantle this floor on a whim? Pretty slick looking! I keep waiting for "someday"...that's the day I'll start working on my boat again.:D

The Deco Dot is a Marine Vinyl Floor Covering, I don't think the manufacturer intended it to be tucked and wraped. Instead of just covering the whole deck in one piece, I decided to wrap each deck section. By doing this I have made the Deck and the Boat Modular.

jcsercsa

Captain

Way to go dave , she really does look great !! John