Heavy Metal

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: Heavy Metal

Iron Maiden<br />Judas Priest<br />Black Sabbath<br />Accept<br />Quiet Riot (Man, they are my fav)

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I'm with all of you metalheads on this one bar Stryper-they really sucked.<br /><br />Add Ministry and Slayer to the list of best alltime although IMHO Iron Maiden in the mid 80's were the best metal band of all time-and always will be.<br /> It still doesnt sound dated unless you listen to the guitar synths on "somewhere in time"

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Deep Purple - MachineHead<br />Humble Pie and Mahogany Rush also come to mind.<br /><br />Sure aren't the same as metal of later years, but metal just the same. And a bit of psychodelia.

SoulWinner

Commander

Oh dude, I totally forgot about Ministry! I'm gonna go dig mine out and play it right now!!!! New World Order!!!!!

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Ministry lives in my Fourtrak's CD player along with SOAD- I have a pair of Mission 700's bolted to the roof inside at head level and some days I'm just watchin the lean angle indicator to make sure I don't turn over it makes me drive that fast :)

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

That heavy metal album that Pat Boone did IS THE BEST Album of all time Just listen to him sing Enter the Sandman.......Take Metallica's original version it sounds bad compared to ole Pat and the dude looks awesome in leather.

magster65

Commander

Deep Purple's Machine Head is definately in my top 3 albums. It's timeless... there isn't many people on earth that have picked up a guitar and plucked 'Smoke On The Water' out (or tried to)!<br />Any of you Metalheads that are interested, take a listen to Rob Halfords solo efforts after Judas Priest. The albums 'War Of Words' and 'Resurrection' in particular. Now that's some yummy tunes!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /><br />Pat Boone, ROCKS!..
33.gif
[/QB]
Isn't he dead?? What an ugly daughter! Yucko

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br />
33.gif
Isn't he dead?? What an ugly daughter! Yucko [/QB]
Pat Boone? ain't that the feller from Kentucky that wore a coon skin hat? :confused:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Vlad the Impeller:<br />
Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br />
33.gif
Isn't he dead?? What an ugly daughter! Yucko
Pat Boone? ain't that the feller from Kentucky that wore a coon skin hat? :confused: [/QB]
That was his grandaddie. WoooooHooooo

Grant S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The term Heavy Metal was originally used to describe Led Zeppelin's sound.'Like heavy metal falling'.