Heavy duty sewing machine - Good or no?

Bubba1235

No longer on Forums
Have opportunity to pick up a heavy duty sewing machine for a reasonable price considering all that is included.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/bfs/1643154638.html

Anyone here do upholstery work that can tell me if this is a good machine for doing seats, canvas, etc.? (Hey, I'm a boat guy, what do I know about sewing machines. :D )

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Heavy duty sewing machine - Good or no?

Anyone here do upholstery work that can tell me if this is a good machine for doing seats, canvas, etc.? (Hey, I'm a boat guy, what do I know about sewing machines.

Ayuh,... If it's got "Walking Feet",... It's what you need...
A Non-walking foot machine it is Not...

Bondo

Staff member

Guy I talked to said it comes with both a left and a right walking foot along with other accesories, not certain what they are but I'll take'm.

Ayuh,... If you noticed, the material pusher, the little grabbing piece, on your Love's machine, only pushes the bottom of the material...

On a Walking Foot machine, both the lower piece, as well as the upper foot, Walks with the material...
That allows a thicker wad of Stuff to be sewn, without so much bunching...

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If you plan on doing a bunch of upholstery in the e future you should buy it as its a great price on a top of the line machine(in its day).

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

check out my how to thread on my seats i'm making...i started off with the cheapest Singer that wal-mart carried...only returned it because my mother gave me one of her machines for free.....