Head and Vacu-Flush

Jarhead1775

Cadet
Is there something I'm missing with my new (2008) Larson 330? I can't seem to flush the toilet?

I see things on the panel for head, water system, etc... but still no pressure and flush, the water just sits in the bowl.

Thanks - James

Nheels

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Is there something I'm missing with my new (2008) Larson 330? I can't seem to flush the toilet?

I see things on the panel for head, water system, etc... but still no pressure and flush, the water just sits in the bowl.

Thanks - James
When you turn on the head so you hear the pump?

Jarhead1775

Cadet
Yes, I do hear the vacuum pumping. I'm not sure, it may be full? Haven't had it to the marina to check, but that's my plan today (go into the hull) and see if I can find the holding tank. There's a full light on the wall inside the head, but I don't even know if that works or if it's tied to an accessory switch I don't know about.

Nheels

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes, I do hear the vacuum pumping. I'm not sure, it may be full? Haven't had it to the marina to check, but that's my plan today (go into the hull) and see if I can find the holding tank. There's a full light on the wall inside the head, but I don't even know if that works or if it's tied to an accessory switch I don't know about.
I'm assuming you have the same layout as me.

The water holding tank is under the floor forward of the shower sump/water pump/AC pump access hole (right behind the cabin stairs).

The waste holding tank is in the engine compartment on the starboard side up. Check that you see if it's full. You'll be able to see.

Jarhead1775

Cadet
Ok, so after careful inspection, there are a few things going on. There's a stand alone pump (that's the one I hear) connected to the grey water dump and a Jabsco Y valve. I have yet to figure out how the macerator pump turns on, or if there's an AUX switch somewhere on the helm or downstairs for that? I ripped apart the toilet, cleaned it and didn't see any issues - but I'm still not getting suction or pumping. The only thing that may be left is to snake the tube, but without me knowing about that macerator, that seems drastic.

Jarhead1775

Cadet
I see 2 pumps next to each other, and they're both connected to that Y valve and I've tried the flow a few ways, but don't know if I messed that up - I googled it and now understand the Jabsco Y thing. I've just never seen 2 separate pump systems in a boat before. I think the 1st one macerator should be pumping, but it's not even acting like it has power.

Nheels

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I see 2 pumps next to each other, and they're both connected to that Y valve and I've tried the flow a few ways, but don't know if I messed that up - I googled it and now understand the Jabsco Y thing. I've just never seen 2 separate pump systems in a boat before. I think the 1st one macerator should be pumping, but it's not even acting like it has power.
The Y valve: One is to put the waste through the seacock and into the water and the other is put it into the holding tank.

Are you switching the head pump and water systems on the panel?

Jarhead1775

Cadet
Thank you so much for your responses and answers. It really means a lot. I've been thinking on this and I'm fairly certain that the pump that should be pumping doesn't have power for some reason. Also, I've never seen that light in the HEAD for telling me holding tank status, so maybe there's a fuse somewhere that I haven't found. I've switched on everything and that other pump has never been pumping - so I'm thinking that may be it?

Jarhead1775

Cadet
Figured it out - had a faulty switch on the vacuum side of head - I jumped the wires and it came on (and works) just fine. On another note, I couldn't figure out why there are 2 switches on the panel (1 for Waste Pump) and (1 for Marine Head). The marine head is the one with the faulty switch and that's why I never heard it pumping. Plus, I had the Y valves all messed up anyway, so now that it's fixed... all is well in the world.