halp me identify this shifter assy

stang32

Chief Petty Officer
i need parts for this unit & do not know what model it is . also anyone know how to fix the problem im having. i cant get it to go to throttle only, it will not disengage the shifting function,

Attachments

• photo271518.jpg
    photo271518.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Obviously it is a Mercury remote control unit (Quicksilver). And while I can't give you the model number, it seems to be from the early to mid 80's. I had that exact same unit in my Bass Boat with a TOP 115 HP inline Mercury engine during those times. Mine also had the tilt-trim button on the top section of the handle so you could throttle and tilt up or down at the same time. And of course you pushed in the square button at the base of the handle to disengage the gears so you only had control of the throttle.

If yours is not working correctly. It will have to be removed and opened up. It could be something out of adjustment, or worn, needing a replacement part. I never opened mine up or seen any model numbers on it either. But there could be some type identification on the back side or maybe even inside. Just a thought. :noidea:

dmoccia

Cadet
its a Commander Side Mount. I have the same one on my 1986 75 HP Merc outboard. I have service text on the unit if you need it. I had the same problem that you are having. Took it apart, cleaned and lubricated and reassembled. The throttle only button worked OK for awhile but then became very problematic again. I'm looking to replace it if I can find another one that's in better condition than mine. I detest the thought of taking it apart again as it is a real pain in the butt. Commander Side Mount-IIMG_2259.JPG