Hallet Boat Crashed up on the rocks on the narrows at Lake Mead

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
text from CL this am

ok some dude and his passengers took a big hit this past weekend at Lake Mead in the Narrows, story has it that it happened during daytime 230pm and one woman lost a limb, 4 others seriously injured ..........they put this approx 27 ft Hallet and put it up a cliff! some people are asking questions about what happened on CL and posting pics in response etc.... ...check out these pics

UPDATE on the Hallet crash in the narrows at Lake Mead

....after reading this Im thinking the Hallet overreacted, and probably should have slowed up when the seadoo came up closer....I know my boat hits the powerbrakes practically when I chop the power... who knows for sure....it is SUPER NARROW at the north end of the narrows....and the seadooers in vegas occasionally have been knows to do real STUPID and thoughtless things.....the Hallet dude prob spazzed out on the controls, just because you can afford a new Hallet doesnt mean you know how to operate it well LOL.

halletcrash.jpg

halletcrash2.jpg

halletcrash1.jpg

NEW RESPONSE on CL with the supposed actual account of the incident...
from another person..... text below from CL july 13th

"Brand new 29 hallett, i know the owner of the boat, & his fiance very well, also another 2 of my very good friends (another couple), were on the boat along with 3 other people i don't know (7 total).... everyone is going to be ok, bruised up a bit and very sore, a couple of the passengers were air lifted as a precaution but no major injuries from what i've been told.

An idiot on a sea doo cut in front of them in the narrowest part of the narrows and then did a 180 right in front of them. The driver was forced to make an evasive turn in one direction to miss the sea-doo, then an evasive turn back the other direction to stop from running up onto the rocks. It was at this point the boat spun out and ejected all 7 passengers. Since there is no kill switch and no self returning throttle on the boat (like most other boats that size) the boat then took back off and ran itself up the rocks.

Another friend of mine was up in front of them when it happened in his eliminator, he just happened to look over his shoulder when it all went down, he hauled ***** to the opposite side of the narrows from where all the passengers were in the water (thinking everyone was still on the boat up rocks) and was yelling into the boat if anyone was ok, he then turned around and noticed everyone back on the other side a couple hundred yards away i'd guess, he went over there and started throwing life jackets and shi%* in the water, and doing a head count, everyone was there (no one drowning or under water)

BTW the a$%^ole on the Sea-Doo fled the scene."

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Hallet Boat Crashed up on the rocks on the narrows at Lake Mead

yep, ugly indeed. theres a thread in Dockside Chat about it too. wow photoman, i just read your sleekcraft thread....awesome! i want to do the same with an older daycruiser like that. nice job.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

yep, ugly indeed. theres a thread in Dockside Chat about it too. wow photoman, i just read your sleekcraft thread....awesome! i want to do the same with an older daycruiser like that. nice job.

Thanks RedOne...hope to see ya out on the lake some weekend!

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks RedOne...hope to see ya out on the lake some weekend!

ya hopefully lol. still havent made it this year. we are hoping for July 24th at Echo bay if work n stuff goes right. ill go post in ur sleekcraft thread now haha.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Cool, well get her ready and rolling......you're missing out on some fine times out there!

DDG53

Cadet

If that was caused by a PWC acting stupid....Screw the PWC....Id be loke oppps was that a bump in the water:confused: