GT 200 fuel pump

yoboat

Seaman Apprentice
I’m having some trouble finding a fuel pump repair kit for my outboard. It’s a GT 200 hp Johnson 1992. My model number is VJ200SLENS. Can anyone help me with this?

yoboat

Seaman Apprentice
What part is damaged in your fuel pump ?-----Your location ?
I want to replace the diaphragm, but I’m not sure the part number for it. I’ve really struggled to find a diagram that shows it my motor stops after several minutes of running, so I want to start by replacing several items fuel related.

yoboat

Seaman Apprentice
I want to replace the diaphragm, but I’m not sure the part number for it. I’ve really struggled to find a diagram that shows it my motor stops after several minutes of running, so I want to start by replacing several items fuel related.
I’m from Ohio

yoboat

Seaman Apprentice
Air motor diaphragm or fuel piston flapper ?
Both? I assume if we have it apart I should probably replace both or do you think I should be looking in a different direction? The boat has been sitting for at least nine months to a year.

yoboat

Seaman Apprentice
It runs for about 30 seconds then stops. Then I prime the bulb again and repeat the process.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Have you tested with a portable fuel tank and another hose?-----You can likely make the fuel piston flapper.-----Are the check valves in air motor body working ?-----Is there a PRESSURE pulse from the crankcase ?

yoboat

Seaman Apprentice
Have you tested with a portable fuel tank and another hose?-----You can likely make the fuel piston flapper.-----Are the check valves in air motor body working ?-----Is there a PRESSURE pulse from the crankcase ?
That’s a language I don’t understand. All I know is to replace parts until it works lol. How do I check for a pressure pulse?