Gotta love the DEA

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Gotta love the DEA

Soulwinner,<br /><br />By reading your post it obvious since you've misinterpreted my stance on most things, you only know about 1/100th of my views so please don't assume you know me well enough to label me.<br /><br />BTW-I believe in capital punishment for cut and dry cases, but I wonder how many innocent people have been executed over the years. There was a person here who spent 22 years in prison for a murder he didn't commit. DNA finally cleared him, and he's now out. I guess its a good thing he wasn't from Texas.<br /><br />Start a thread for abortion and the morning after pill, and I'll jump right in if you wish.

18rabbit

Captain
Re: Gotta love the DEA

BTW-I believe in capital punishment for cut and dry cases, but I wonder how many innocent people have been executed over the years. There was a person here who spent 22 years in prison for a murder he didn't commit. DNA finally cleared him, and he's now out.
In California we just released the 4th person over the last six months. He spent 20-years in prison for rapes he didn’t commit. In every one of these cases, the district attorney's office withheld evidence that would have prevented the conviction in the first place. They knew these people were not guilt! That also means the district attorneys allowed the persons that really were guilty of the crimes to get away unpunished. AND THEY KNEW IT!!!<br /><br />I used to support capital punishment…NOT ANY MORE!!! Now, I really, really wonder how many people are in prison for crimes they did not commit. <br /><br />Unless your thinking unit is firmly embedded in your rectal unit, we are well past the point of being allowed to have reasonable trust in our judicial system. There is so much corruption in the system that those that really are guilty can’t be punished either for fear they may actually be innocent. We just don’t know anymore. Was it Patrick Henry that said, “It is better 1000 guilty men go free than one innocent man should hang.” ???<br /><br />Fwiw, the textbook answer to the question of innocent people being executed is 0.3%. It is thought for every 1000 people executed in America, 3 of them will have been innocent of the crimes for which they were convicted and executed. That was 30-years ago. Today, all bets are off.