Got snow?

dolluper

Captain
Re: Got snow?

Snow we got lots wantta buy some around about Feb it becomes just another four letter word for at least 3 more months,might be golfing in April if were Luckey I feell for those people that get it when they aren't supposed to.So chin up and take it that's all you can do

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We've never seen snow in Auckland (as far as I know) but the weather certainly has been doing strange things over the last year or so.<br /><br />Something weird is happening to our planet I think... :rolleyes: <br /><br />The following is an extract from an article in today's paper about NZ's weather in 2004.<br /><br />
<br />Last year was one of extremes, with the country suffering everything from heatwave-generated forest fires to some of the worst flooding in living memory. <br /><br />The year was the coolest since 1993 and one of the wettest on record in parts of the Bay of Plenty, Manawatu, Kapiti, Upper Hutt and Wairarapa. <br /><br />The National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (Niwa) yesterday released its climate summary for 2004. <br /><br />Principal scientist Jim Salinger said the year had everything from blizzards to heatwaves, which created many records. <br /><br />"We certainly got the whole range of extremes thrown at us." <br /><br />
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=1&ObjectID=9006180

spratt

Lieutenant

Thsi is the Global Warming that the eco-freaks keep talkin about...man is it hot out here in Wa!!!!!! It was a blisterin 26 at our house last night, and we should see about 38 today...

gaugeguy

Captain

We are gonna see 50 this week, the only thing rising faster than the mercury in the thermometer is my blood pressure.

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

No! And it's supposed to get up in the 60's in a day or so.<br />Wouldn't you know, I finally got a snow blower this year after fighting all the snow we had last year.<br />One day closer to spring.<br /> :)

brother chris

Commander

Yeah, Vancouver has snow now. <br />These people do not know how to drive. First snowfall of the year(last Thursday) and the highway was littered with cars in the ditch. The road report said they stopped counting the cars when they got to 20. And that was in a 20 mile stretch of highway. <br />It was chaos. <br />I'm just trying to figure out how to get the boat down the ramp without backing the whole truck/boat and trailer into the water. There is too much ice on the ramp. <br />Any ideas anyone?

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What's SNOW :confused: <br />Projected temps next 10 days - average in the mid 60's :D

KaGee

Admiral

Yuk! MORE SNOW! Topped by freezing rain. :mad: <br /><br />GG... Bring your snowmobile down here!<br /><br />To the rest of you "gloaters" that live in fair climates... Don't gloat too much... Mother Nature has the ability to turn on ya!

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

After this year the people in Florida deserve to gloat a little & enjoy the fair weather.