Got snow?

Homerr

Commander
My area got pummeled with snow over the weekend.<br />I have about 8" at my house. <br />Not a big deal to most of you back East, but it just doesn't normally snow this low (1200 ft)<br /><br />I lost power yesterday for about 12 hours, and again today for about 9 hours. The snow made quick work of the power lines I guess.<br /><br />It hasn't snowed like this since I was in grade school! I love the snow, but what a pain in the arse it can be.<br /><br />How about that global warming now? LOL! :) <br /><br />Yep... it's sure warming up isn't it! <br />Seems to me that we're going back to weather pattern of years past. Wet and cold.<br />I can remember Oregon being one of the wettest and snow-bound states around in the winter.<br /><br />H.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Got snow?

I'm just east of ya Homerr, and the golf today was good, and warm... :D

sangerwaker

Commander

I have virtually no snow here! I can't remember a winter with this little of snow. I have not even had shovel more than 1/8 inch. Really weird for MN.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

We had 6 inches of snow Thursday and a ice storm yesterday. It's been a wierd winter here to they are saying this Thursday it's going to be 60 go figure.......

Homerr

Commander

LOL!<br /><br />And I'm watching the movie ' The Day After Tomorrow '<br /><br />H.

rogerwa

Commander

With 4 kids and it being cold out, I NEED snow before I lose my mind. They need snow to run the stink off of them. we've got nuthin.

sangerwaker

Commander

I only got 1 here, rogerwa, but I hear ya! mine needs to run off some energy too!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Our Sierra Nevadas are getting lots of snow! 118" base? That's just crazy! Here at 2500 ft. we're getting rain! Lots of it! All three of our creeks are roaring rivers today. Mother nature at her finest! I think we can stop using the "drought" word now?!<br />Bassy

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

One blast of really cold air this month, but it has been mild here and not a flake to be seen. Virginia Beach and Chincoteague got 6" though--rare for them.<br /><br />50' and 60' this week!<br /><br />Jinx, in Virginia

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

We've had snow cover here since Thanksgiving weekend.<br />Not much, but the ground has been covered.<br />Snowmobile trails still are not open for lack of snow.<br />They have plenty of it about 50 miles north of me though.

Link

Rear Admiral

Not much around here. Few flakes on the ground that lasted maybe a hour. Supposed to be 26 tonight and down to 13 deg by friday! Burrrr

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I agree with those saying it is weird, it was 80* yesterday and right now, 6:36, it is 60*. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, cause it is nice to take the lil buddy bass fishing and catch some on every trip.. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

We have about 8" on the ground, most of that has appeared in the last week or so. Pretty frustrated about it, snowmobile sitting in the garage. Some people are running theirs, but the trails are raw and two people died this weekend, one of them went through the ice. Can't remember a winter this mild.

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've got about 3feet here and it's -5F, and this has been a Mild winter.

KaGee

Admiral

Quit your whinning!.... :p <br /><br />8"? Is that all? We had it all last week.<br />Snow, then Ice, then More Snow!<br />I believe they call it "Winter".<br /><br />Hey Homer?<br />Is your avatar gittin "jiggy with it" or just slip-sliding on the ice and snow? :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Quit your whinning!.... :p <br /><br />8"? Is that all? We had it all last week.<br />Snow, then Ice, then More Snow!<br />I believe they call it "Winter".<br />
I think you are missing my point. I love the snow and ice, and want more of it. My snowmobile should have 500 miles on it by now :rolleyes:

aspeck

Staff member

No snow here, but the dust is starting to settle and cover the grass! Yes, there was about 1/8 inch of dust this morning on the dining room tables (and all our windows are closed with central air), and you can't walk on the grass without dust flying everywhere. Visibility is down to about 200 yards because of the airborn sand particles that are floating our way from the Sahara Desert, over 1000 miles away! Yes, it is the Harmatan season - oh what fun!<br /><br />Give me snow anyday! At least you can breath in the snow!

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Link:<br /> Not much around here. Few flakes on the ground that lasted maybe a hour. Supposed to be 26 tonight and down to 13 deg by friday! Burrrr
Link, in Port Orchard, we had from none to 4 inches, dependent upon the sea level height one is in. I had about 1" on Saturday morning, and another on Sunday...still cold enough to keep about an inch on the ground as of Monday morning...I tried to make some ice art on the fence and bushes but it wasn't quite cold enough...

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

The only "snow" around here is that on my shoulders. <br /><br />Just kidding, Head & Shoulders takes care of what little "snow" I have.<br /><br />If I want to see snow, I have to travel.<br /><br />It was near 80 yesterday and sunny.