Good value? 04 Bennington 350i/o

Acdrichmond

Recruit
Looking at buying a 2004 24 ft bennington tritoon with 350 mercury i/o. The interior has been completely redone in 2018, with all new seating, even with bennington in the seats, new flooring, its not carpet but high grade vinyl which looks like carpet, new bimini, and wrapped on exterior. Engine has about 400 hours, comes with trailor. Looking at it i would never think its an 04. He is asking 25k, im in va and tritoons and pontoons seems to be hard to find at a decent price. Would i be getting a good deal or hold out for a newer boat with say a 150 4 stroke outboard? I know people will be starting to sell more with summer coming to an end

ahicks

Captain
I/O pontoon are absolutely notorious for being very difficult to service (expensive!)

During your inspection, pretend you need to change the oil or winterize the motor. See what is required to put you hand on each of the drain fittings (located on the side of the block) and the oil filter.

I wouldn't give an IO a second thought personally. I would be all about an 4 stroke outboard.

MRS

Commander
4 stroke outboard only way to go I/O are the worst to work on outboard winterize just drop motor down water drains out you done 🤪
But I do wipe outboard down and have a cover for it.

Last edited: