Good things you've found on a road, or roadside..

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
It's amazing what ends up in the middle of the road...<br /><br />My talley of found goodies:<br /><br />Estwing framing hammer <br />Stanley 30 foot tape measure<br />Craftsman 3/8" ratchet (a little beat up, but works fine)<br />see a pattern here?... :D <br /><br /><br />Various bits and pieces of steel, and lumber too..<br /><br />Makes me wonder, what have my fellow iboaters have found?..... :confused:

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Good things you've found on a road, or roadside..

I found a $50 bill when I was a kid near a 7-11.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I've found 2 or 3 life jackets that weren't secured while somebody trailered their boat. I've also returned the favor a time or two as one blew out of my own boat.<br /><br />I also found:<br />- garden rake<br />- discarded 5-gallon buckets<br />- nails (in my tires) They were "good" but just not for tires.

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

I found a 5 gallon bucket half filled with various tools.......Right angle drill, Dewalt drill driver bit,Chalk line, Various ratchets,and sockets.....good ol bucket full....

Laddies

Banned

I found a 1/2 Milwalkee angle drill in the steel case, turned it in to the village cop, no one claimed so was given it back from the county still have it and have used it quite alot---Bob

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

I get a lot of crap from friends and family for picking up stuff from the roadside. <br /><br />I have a bucket full of rachet straps & tie downs, a tarp(untorn), draw bar with 2" ball (tow the boat with it) ... I know I'm forgetting things.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

When I was in Junior High I found a book that I can't repeat the title of here....<br /><br />Jinx

Homerr

Commander

Too much to list!<br /><br />Most recently... A brand new turkey pot/boiler. Found it right in the middle of the road one early morning.<br /><br />I find lots of Bungee cords just down the road from the local truck stop... Haven't had to buy any of those in a long time!<br /><br />H.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Bungy cords<br />Full boat tank<br />Prop<br />6" Aluminum crescent wrench<br />many hand tools<br />ski rope<br />life jackets<br />several road kill raccoons (sold for fur)<br />walets<br />cell phones<br />a few purses<br />spare tire<br />truck bedliner<br />just to name a few. Everyone teases me and says I am like a raccoon, I look for shiny stuff. Actually patroling as close to the lake as I do I find all kinds of stuff the boaters and campers forget to tie down.

beniam

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Soh,uh,where do you guys live? Trying to downsize.<br />Maybe ...could LEAVE some good stuff by the side of the road. Anonymous.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I found a 6 ft. prybar on the side of the road on my daily walk. Also found a full tank of gas. Walks sure are good for you.<br />Bassy

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I was driving from Columbus Ohio towards Cleveland on I-71. My friend said pull over I saw something back there. So I pulled over off the breakdown lane into the grass. We walked back and sure enough there was this box about 8' long and about 2'x 2'. Peaked inside to see this brand new light bar for a wrecker. It has to be the oddest thing I have ever found or I should say my friend since he spotted it. He has it mounted now on his rollback.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

my best one was a fairly new Echo straight shaft commercial weed trimmer.....<br /><br />I had just bought one for my house.....the following week I found that one....so it now resides up at the lake :D

87Aggie

Petty Officer 1st Class

Like the rest of ya'll, I've found various tools and lots of bungie cords and chains(lots of logging trucks around here) My best find was a Winchester 270 bolt action rifle with a Simmons scope, in a gun case - very nice!

one more cast

Captain

2 vice grips, bungie cords,firewood,hay bales,and thats all I can think of.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Like Snapper, I have a framing hammer (Stanley) that I found about 30 years ago and still use, and a Stanley 25' tape that I found a year or so later.<br /><br />Also found a $10 bill in a parking lot back when $10 would fill my gas tank. :)

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Just the other day I found a nice boat right along the road. Only thing wrong was one flat tire on the trailer....The bummer is that by time I returned with a tire and hitch ball somebody else had beat me to it!!!<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />Now I hope yall know I'm kidding, the boat was there but the rest is nonsense!!<br /><br />Just the run of the mill lifejackets cooler's buckets bungee straps couple of hand tools and several pairs of gloves. Nothibng of real value. but I sure pull over when I can. The worst is trying to tell if there is anything in that box as ya cruise past at 60.<br /><br />I did see one of those commercial grade truck tarps during rush hour in the twin cities once but I figured I would get myself killed trying to get...Man I wanted that thing.

NYMINUTE

Captain

$20.00 bill laying in the sand on Grand Haven Beach, in Mi. Wet and flat. I looked for a string before I snagged it. Also found a purse with 3 credit cards, and various other items, no cash. Found the owner and returned it. It was stolen, also refuse a reward. Lady already lost enough.

eeboater

Commander

I've never found anything on the road per se, but I never really am looking to get anything. <br /><br />Snapper: A few more items and it looks like you might be able to build yourself a shed!!<br /><br />Sean

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Found a nice sharpening stone next to a poached and butchered carcase of a steer on a remote part of the ranch about 30years ago, still have it and waiting for the owners to come and claim it. Come on Homerr, you know it's yours...Chief ;)