Good Beers / Bad Beers

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Good Beers / Bad Beers

coors light is my choice of beers, if i'm in a spendy mood i'll go with dos equis xx, maybe corona if i cant find the xx. cant beat a good mexican brew! unless its a free brew :D :D

FSHKPR

Ensign

Gotta agree the free brew is the best. At home i buy alot of point(from stevens point wisconsin) if i am out and want a treat i get a st pauli girls dark, or a Linenkugels big butt. i like to try any new home brews especially the dark ones

plywoody

I grew up on Rheinlander. 39 cents a quart while I was in college!<br /><br />Now I like Rainier Ale, although Rainier brewery was bought out by Miller, and have not been able to locate any Rainier Ale any longer.<br /><br />Henry Reinhardt's Pale Ale is a good substitute for Rainier Ale.<br /><br />Now my daughter likes Black Butte, and it is not too bad- sort of an aquired taste.<br /><br />But any Canadian beer is better than anything else. I prefer Labatt's Genuine Draft. BTW, Coors sold in Canada is not the same as Coors sold in the US, nor is any Canadian Beer sold in the US the same as its Canadian counterpart.<br /><br />While in Europe, I could never aquire a taste, like many of my friends, for European beer. I stuck to single malt scotch, which seemed to work for me.

Kilgore Trout

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I used to love the Thursday nickle beer nights at the Anchor in Charleston, West Virginia. One of the Best Dive Bars east of the Mississsippi.<br /><br />Quart of Blatz $50 cents.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Lemme give ya'll a big surprise.....<br /><br />Bud Longnecks soaked in a cooler for about a day...so cold they freeze yer tonsils on the way down. Speaking of which.......... ;) ;)

FLATHEAD

Captain

Oh man Outboard you would love the soda machine in my garage. Keeps those Buds just where they dont freeze. You just cant beat it. :D

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Beeer (Insert Homer Simpson accent).<br /><br />A lot of truth here. Free beer the best I know. that was my motto in College.<br /><br />Eldewiess $2.85 a case, and that was when the price went up from $1.99 a case.<br /><br />Augsburger was good back in those days. Hans Kessler was the brewmaster for Huber. It is not very good now since it changed hands.<br /><br />Ladyfish, Shiner Bock is good and has a great story behind it. A little bit of Germany in Texas.<br /><br />I have favorites, but it changes depending on my mood, time of year, time of day, and what I'm thristy for.<br /><br />Franzikaner Hefe Wiess and Dunkel Weiss are excellent and good for Lunch or when you want something flavorful and well carbonated.<br /><br />Omegang from the Cooperstown brewery is excellent and fairly inexpensive for a 750ML bottle. Their Hennepin and Rare Vos are also excellent. $3.99 a bottle here<br /><br />The Dogfishhead Brewery makes some very good beers. They have what they call the worlds strongest stout which is the perfect beer for an evening. No one will be drinking a 6 pack of this since it is very high in alcohol content and is $10 for 12 Oz. Worth the money but only on special occasions.<br /><br />There is a beer brewed once a year in Germany and aged 10 months minimum that is awesome. Also a sweet style stout with 14% alcohol content. It is called Samiclaus. Just finished my last bottle.<br /><br />Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout is another very good stout.<br /><br />I like Belgian style ales. St. Sebastion makes a great dark Belgian ale. I hate that they market it in a crockery bottle. If a beer us that good, it does not need the bottle to do well.<br /><br />When drinking a lot of beer, I would always go for Warsteiner from Germany. You can get it in 5 liter cans from Germany. Very smooth always good never a headache. It is better from the 5 liter keg than bottles. Blind taste tests we have conducted prove this. You would think it would be the opposite.<br /><br />Another good bier is Kostritzer from Germany. it is a German Black Bier with a picture of Gerte on the front. It comes in bottles or the 5 liter can. Smooth<br /><br />Animator doublebock is very good and has a punch.<br /><br />A few friends home brew very goood beers. Also.<br />Sweety's Left-nut Brown Ale was good one. The name was an inside joke for a just married friend<br /><br />There are just too many great beers out there and so little time in life.<br /><br />I rarely buy beer to drink a lot, I really go for the more flavorful beers myself although I know a lot of people that don't care for them. to each their own.<br /><br />Now on to tequila? Tenoche Anejo or El Tesoro Plata. Can't go wrong.

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

My favorite? After the first few it just doesn't matter,,,,,,,,,, ;)

denniz

Ha my favorite subject.... My sister lives in point..... Where I had my first beer in 1982 point & point bock(yuk) still got the cans, maybe a collectors item???? Now my BEER DE JOUR is Coors Light.. Unless I go to Mexico... Then its dos xxs.**** this is going too be a long post :D

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Make mine Marine Corp wine. <br />Welsh's frozen grape juice, sugar, a pinch of yeast and tap water.<br /><br />Wednesday was an excelent year.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

catfish1

i'm with ya rod knocking! you know i talk to people around here and alot of people think that corona is the true mexican beer, but in fact. in mexico at least the area i used to go, the beer of choice is dos equis. they have the best tequilla down there also, not this crap you get in the states!

SoulWinner

Commander

My fav was an English Red Ale home brew. Quit drinking though. I miss it sometimes.

denniz

nothing better than a mex dosxxs with lime... scuse me LEMON in spanish... and a beach in Cancun.....AAAHHHH. Scuse me..... this fantasy might take a while......... :D

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer

i prefer any thing from bud to guiness, XX to Sam Adams, Corona to Busch, Fosters to Miller, Killigans to Becks, Rolling Rock to Coors(original), Red Stripe to Grolsh, Redneck to Michelob, shiner Bock to milwakees best, Pabst blue ribbon to Hieneken, Bass pale ale to St pauli girl, Labatt to Keystone, Icehouse to Microbrews, Keg to bottle, can to tap.<br /><br />Favorite is Natural Lite. cheap and tastes good.

cotterman

Chief Petty Officer

anything cold when i run out of my molson export ale :D

JRJ

Commander

I'm sorry, what was the question? :cool: