Gonfishn May be gone...

gonfishn

Commander
This thread may be deleted before many of you get to read this..<br />I have been a member here for 2 1/2 years #9661..Today I had a post locked because of how I reponded to another member questioning my integrity..Since then it has been unlocked.<br />I posted a thread on the fishing side called "Prairie Dog Fishing". It was originally posted on the humorous side..But at the same time to let folks know what these little rodents do to farmers on the money side<br />If you are a hunter you could be included in this slamming of my character..<br />I ask you to read this post and see if I said anything that has not been said about us here before..(cellarDwellers)../<br /><br />Many of you here have fished with me and know me personally and who I consider friends ..To refer to me as a juvenile put my redneck hairs on the rise..<br /><br />It has been iboats policy that we are not allowed to sell or ADVERTISE that which they also sell..We have a member on the otherside who is really slick..He advertises his fishing site then when you get in it leads you to advertisers that sell what iboats does also..I have reported this post yet nothing is done..Is he a cousin or maybe a friend of the mods here to allow this.<br /><br />As you can see I am just a little pi.... here..I may not have a masters degree or speak right but I have owed two very successful business and am soon to go into another one..All I have to say here is I take great offense when some member who maybe thinks he is better than me slams down on me and those who posted on that thread..<br /><br />I am very disappointed with the mods here..I personally know who you are and will never say who.Don't let the power you have go to your heads..Be fair to all or this site will be just like the rest of the other sites..<br /><br />I say for now, goodbye to my friends here because this is not the iboats I came to know in 2002...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Gonfishn May be gone...

I'm not a mod here, and would not want to be, for this reason and others. I don't want to have to be the one who deletes a post. I just try to stay kewl,and not call anyone names or cuss or....You know-- the rules and regs. Without reading the post in question, I would predict you broke one or more of the rules. Don't take this personally, man.Like I saids, I have no idea what is in the post yet.<br /><br />The advertisement thing is magna carta here. iboats is a buisness, and as such ,can't be suportin competition. I myself have run-into this unwavering "wall" with Bruno, when I sugjested a "flea market" of sorts room, where we could swap stuff. Well, he explained why it was out of the question, and i'll admit, I agree.<br />In short, rules-is-rules....If it's still there, they just haven't gotten around to it yet, if it breaks the mandate. Trust me on that one.<br /><br />And trust me on this one too...There is no cleaner, fairer, and at the same time, lieniant (sp) site on the WWW.<br />I've been everywhere man. I've done what you are doing to a couple also. I do miss some of the fantastic friends I made on them. I think of a couple allmost every day. Good people. But site management allowed trolls and language,and namecalling with reckless abandon. It ruined a really good thing, IMHO, so I said goodbye.<br />I wish you wouldn't go, gonfishin, as us rednecks are kind of scarce. We gotta stick togather.<br />I would urge you to re-read your stuff, and see where you may have gone-awry of the rules,as the mods may see them. And keep in mind, they have the last word on such disputes....Another reason I could not do thier job.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I hope you stay around Gonfishn. You're one of the mainstays of iboats and have been here since the early days.<br /><br />Sometimes people voice an opinion without realising that they are causing offence to someone. I checked the post and think this was possibly one of those cases.

ob

Admiral

Heck ,you probabaly don't even like me and to that I would just ditto 12footers remarks.He pretty much said it ,no matter what the other thread reads or read.BTW.I haven't read any of it yet either.<br /><br />I have left the forums for a spell or two because I got rubbed the wrong way too.But after a while I figure ...what the hey.Most of my visits on here are pleasant.Once in a while..one isn't.There's lots of personalities out there.Some try to find a friendship nitch.Others just post their input from time to time.Sometimes people are even cliquy at times,but then that's just part of the real world in which we are a part.<br /><br />Stick around ....I want to hear the latest about your Echo weedeater.You know ...the one that you should have bought the straight shaft model. :D <br />Or was that crabbait?Whatever..

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Jeff, I did read the thread.<br />I consider you a friend, and I hope you take this the right way, but methinks you got your hackles raised just a mite early. Of course, if the thread in question was edited, then I'm talkin' out my wazoo. I don't think he was callin' names, but was expressing his opinion on the general idea. But what do I know? Just my opinion. Stick around.... the losers don't stay long.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I read the thread and nothing was said out of the way by gonfishn.<br /><br />Just a problem that the farmers do have and still do and they will get rid of them anyway they can.

NOSLEEP

Commander

laugh at the world gonfishn.<br />smile and your digestion will improve.<br />chuckle and your burdens will be lightened.<br />Laugh and your life will be lengthened, for this<br />is the great secret of long life.<br />And most of all laugh at yourself, man is most <br />comical when he takes himself to seriously.<br />enjoy todays happiness today. It is not grain to<br />be stored in a box. It is not wine to be saved in<br />a jar. It can not be saved for tomorrow. It must<br />be sowed and reaped on the same day.<br />laugh at the world my friend.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea Jeff, I have been called names here more than once and have learned to just laugh at them cause they are just making an *** out of themselves.<br /><br />Don't sweat it to much.<br />It's just a website and some people say things about people on here that they would not say face to face to them.

aspeck

Staff member

GF, I followed that thread, laughed with that thread, but did not post to it because I just knew someone was going to take offense to it. After all, if they took offense to some of the humorous cat threads from the past they were sure going to be upset about fishing for prairie dogs.<br /><br />With that said, it was funny and should have been taken in jest. Unfortunately it wasn't. Don't let that get to ya - shucks, I get called juvenile all the time and I am kind of proud of it, I am a redneck that never grew up! Hang in there and stick around.<br /><br />Let's go muskie fishing - hopefully no one will be upset with us for hooking a big ole warrior!

one more cast

Captain

I hear ya GF . I've been here since May 2002 also and the place sure has changed. I may just join you.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Take Nosleep's advice, GF... <br /><br />And if that don't work, come on down and join me for a hurricane or two... Long hours sitting in the dark, wondering if, or when, the roof is going to fly.... That'll certainly put things in a lighter and brighter perspective for ya once the clouds clear out...

NathanY

Commander

I too have been here for a while, not as long as some, but longer than most. I agree that this site has gone downhill a little, but that is called "growing pains" it happens. When 50,000 people are in a room, not everyone will get along, hell, I have been poofed myself. That is no reason to leave GF. I like the **** out of you, you are very funny to me. I just wish you lived closer so I could go fishing with you. I just hope that you stick around.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

GF if you're around ... send me a mail so we can wash some baits off.<br /><br /><br />* no spaces *<br /><br />this is the family and friends box I use so drop me a line and tell me what the H-e-double-hockey-stick is goin' on and maybe we's can burn some gas and scare some fish.<br /><br />was just called a few names here myself .. never know but hey .. I've been called worse by better that's for sure! and remember ... if they don't know ya- who gives a rats behind

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Gonfishn ole buddy, I can't believe a ridgerunner is going to tuck tail an run. That is the nice thing about being a redneck. You can play dumb and act like you don't know what they are talking about.<br /><br />I DID read the topic. I didn't see anywhere that you had participated in such an act. Things that were done 30 or 40 years ago was just taking care of pests without any thought about it being cruel. Today is a different generation and hates to see any animal killed by any means.<br /><br />I've been around just about as long as you have. I've had my toes stepped on, but I'm still around and they aren't. Members come and go, only ones that stick around regardless of the attacks make for outstanding members. You are one of those outstanding members. Only regret that I have is not being able to hook up with you to go gator hunting. I really wanted to meet with you at Clearfork that day, but my work load is so demanding at times. Get togethers is September is bad for me. I'm not allowed to take any time off in September at all. :mad: <br /><br />So give it some thought, but this is one person I hate to see you leave. Even though we haven't met, I look at you as a friend and neighbor. Please don't let those attacks offend you, be strong and stick around. Us 4 diget number people need to stick around.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

you ain't goin nowhere GF... we won't let ya :p <br /><br />water off a duck's back...

Carphunter

Commander

gonfishn 'ol buddy. Let me tell ya, I just read the "Prairie dog fishn" thread, and laughed my rear off.<br />I took it to be all in fun. Unfortunately, many people here do not have the sense of humor that we have. I personally try to laugh as much as possible..............it sure beats cryin.<br />........and, like you, I am a very positive and upbeat person,.............but it seems that there are many angry, and upset people here, and everywhere.<br /><br />Don't let 'em bring ya down. The heck with 'em.<br />I couldn't really give a rats backside if some people here don't like me. <br /><br />I live by this motto gonfishn: "Take me as I am, or don't take me at all, 'cause I ain't gonna change".<br /><br />Hope you stick around brother.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

hey gonfishn......please continue here at iboats. I read the thread in fishing area, and my first impression was your post was in humor. <br /><br />I do doubt that the ethical and moral character of iboats members would allow them to be motivated by your thread to actually follow through and go hog fishing. Just a bunch of replies kidding around.

gaugeguy

Captain

Don't let it shake ya GF, tighten the line and cross their eyes when you set the hook :D

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

A great example of how it's hard to understand anothers perspective until you've been in that situation yourself.<br /><br />I had back trouble and was recomended to try a guy that had 20+ years in therapreutic massage therapy. He did alot of deep tissue work geared towards patients with severe pain problems (the therapy was somewhat painful at times but had very positive results in the long run). <br /><br />Anyway, great guy with kind of a 'hippy/ granola' image. Old wooden house/ office out in the woods, lots of bird feeders, knew what all of the bird species were, etc. Also lead some kind of zen/ meditation classes at night.<br /><br />Got to talking to him one day about absence of squirrels given all of the bird feeders. Turns out they had started nesting in his house/ eaves and causing major damage. I asked him how he had gotten rid of them. Given his image, I was expecting a reply like 'I caught them with live traps and released them miles away'. Instead, he gave me a three word answer: 'bought a .22'. I thought it was both kind of humorous and a lession about perspective. <br /><br />I live out in the country and had alot of squirrels. I kind of liked them, cute to watch, my dog loves chasing them, etc. Then some started nesting in my house. I could literally hear them chewing up the wood from inside my house (squirrels have to chew stuff to keep their teeth trimmed because they continuously grow). <br /><br />I'm not a hunter (not anti-hunting either) and prior to that wouldn't have even considered killing the squirrels. But I couldn't figure out a way to keep them out. And once I realized the damage they were doing to my house (and god forbid they chew through an electrical wire and set the place on fire) I borrowed a neighbors shot gun and became squirrel Rambo.<br /><br />Totally cleared them out, which lasted for several months. I've noticed a couple around lately, and am being tolerant. But the first time I hear the pitter patter of little feet on my roof, out comes the shot gun again. Would rather not, but gotta be realistic about the consequences if I don't.<br /><br />Anyways, just a couple examples about how perspectives can change given the circumstances you're in.

SCO

Lieutenant

My experience with DJ goes back to the engine forums when I was having engine problems. I think he is a good guy,straight up, and an asset to the board. He backed me up once and I appreciated it and concluded that he was a person of substance to stick his neck out. I don't think he was trolling, just found the prarie dog story appalling. I once as a kid shot a bird with a pellet gun, a neighborhood girl saw it and was similarly appalled, so I can see this conflict from both sides. I didn't blame myself or the girl, just chalked it up as two people with different perspectives. I also have always been fond of Gonefishin's posts, and hope to heck that he wakes up tomorrow with a different perspective on the possiblity of leaving.