Going to let the MFG go....

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
I just don't have time to take care of the MFG and the larger Bayliner. So the MFG is being given to a good home. I have prepared a long list of mods, and maintenance schedules for the motor and boat. Even the trailer is covered.

So, I hope the new owner takes good care of her. She better, because I willl be driving right next to it all next summer as my sister (aka new owner) and I take some long trips around the Peconic Bays in NY.

See, I would rather give the boat to my sister for free than sell it so someone who would not appreciate it.

Plus, I get the benefit of teaching her kids all about boating safety, and operating boats, anchoring, cutting huge wake, beaching, props and grounding, etc, etc, etc......

I am now going to be a nervous wreck! LOL!!!!

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant
Re: Going to let the MFG go....

That would be a very dramatic change for me. Even with a 19' project probably hitting the water next summer (Starcraft) I don't think I would ever let the Niagara go. I have no idea how you can do it but it sounds like you found the best home possible.

yanks21

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well, if it makes you feel any better, My wife's uncle gave us his '70 Carefree, and I am still using it 12 years later, and it is better than ever.

Woody550

Cadet

Agree with Yanks-
I have my grandfathers Westy bought new in '64 as some of you know. My uncle also had it for awhile. There is a decent likelihood the boat will be around longer than me: its in great shape and family members have indicated it wont be sold outside the family. Your Niagara is on the right heading...

mfgniagara

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just don't have time to take care of the MFG and the larger Bayliner. So the MFG is being given to a good home. I have prepared a long list of mods, and maintenance schedules for the motor and boat. Even the trailer is covered.

So, I hope the new owner takes good care of her. She better, because I willl be driving right next to it all next summer as my sister (aka new owner) and I take some long trips around the Peconic Bays in NY.

See, I would rather give the boat to my sister for free than sell it so someone who would not appreciate it.

Plus, I get the benefit of teaching her kids all about boating safety, and operating boats, anchoring, cutting huge wake, beaching, props and grounding, etc, etc, etc......

I am now going to be a nervous wreck! LOL!!!!

I sort of understand where your coming from, since I got my 1967 Westfield, which is in super nice shape, I all but ignore my Niagara which has gotten put out back under a tarp.
My Niagara will need a transom and seats but it's a super nice hull. I too have been thinking about selling her.
I just hate to see it sit there unused, and I've got too many other projects pending, so most likely it'll be years now before I ever get back to it.
I hate to think of letting it go, but the Westfield fills the same basic need as the Niagara did and it came to me in turn key condition. I think if someone gave me a few hundred bucks for the hull I'd probably let mine go too just to see someone finish it and put her to use.