going on one month

FSHKPR

Ensign
well i got almost a month in with out the cigarettes. seem to being doing pretty good. the cravings are very small now. but i really dont feel any different. smell the same, taste the same. breathing about the same. about the only thing i did notice was the morning hacking is gone. did gained about 6 pounds the first two weeks, so started paying more attention to what i am eating basically no carbs at all for the last 10 days. lost 9 pounds so i am actually 3 pounds lighter than before i quit. now if i could just get off my dead *** and do some excercise. any way this is the best i have felt about quiting in all the times i have quit. i really believe this time i am done for good. atleast i hope so.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: going on one month

Now take that 3-4bucks a day you were spending on smokes and put it away for a nice reward. That'll be a good reinforcer that you are doing the right thing, by not flushing money down the terlet every day...
11.gif

ndemge

Commander

GOOD JOB!<br /><br />If you start smoking again I'm going to drive to WI and kick you in the nuts.<br /><br />16 months today for me, It can be done!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Way to go! Just give it time. You will notice the improvements continue over the years. Been smoke free myself since 1998. Eventually, you'll forget you ever smoked.

sangerwaker

Commander

Way to go! It's tough I know, but hang in there and stay positive and focused. I really like Chief's idea to save the money you would spend and get yourself some nice reward of some type. Gives ya a nice reward for a job very well done.<br /><br />It does get easier and easier. I quit in '94 and have not had a puff. Just gotta keep telling yourself not to have that first one. Eventually, it will become very easy to fight off temptation.

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Way to go FSHKPR.<br /><br /> I quit 4 days ago and am already finding out how bad my wife smells. Can't get her to stop and she leaves her cigs laying around everywhere. Makes it tough..

FSHKPR

Ensign

thanks guys. retnav i dont think i could do it if my wife was still smoking. she quit jan 1st and has not had a puff yet. i dont know how she quit with me still puffing away but she did. we never smoked in the house so that helped but still the smell was there when we came in. says she doesnt hardly ever think of it anymore. and when she does it goes away fast. have been keeping track of money not spent and plan on buying three new seats for my boat. at 40 bucks a piece i need about 2 more weeks. after that i have a whole list of stuff i want. thanks again guys!

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Congrats !!! I quit smoking in '91 and haven't really wanted one in all that time. My wife (at the time) kept smoking but I made her smoke on the patio or in the garage. No more smoke in the house. Things smelled so much better once all the clothes had been washed, carpets shampooed, walls washed and painted.... ahhhhhh...fresh air. :)

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

ae708, how does one "make" ones wife do anything?..... :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Congratulations! That's great!

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

RetNav.. I just told her that if she didn't do it that I'd cut her off. The thought of doing without my lovin' made her toe the line. And I have some oceanfront property in Tennessee for sale if you're interested. :)

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Cut her off Hah! How do women do it? My insurance man told me I needed to buy life ins for her so if she died, I'd have money for stud fees. Seriously, Fishkpr, that is really terrific. Keep it up. <br /><br />Cut her off, lol. that's a joke.