GM 4 Cylinder Model CUTM-89B Where do I find parts (carb) how do I search for them?

BudL1te

Seaman
I just bought a 1969 Crestliner Aluminum boat tri hull. It has a GM motor Number on motor is 3937746

Model # is CUTM-69B

I need 2 carbs, single barrel, Carters I believe.

I don't have numbers for carbs as they are not on the boat. Any Information would be greatly appreciated.

Do I call it a mercruser? There were no mercruser markings on it. (I have a 72 crestliner with a 4 cyl single bbl carb but the engine says GM and Mercruser is marked on the valve cover)

Thank you.

BudL1te

Seaman
Help Identifying model of Outboard

Help Identifying model of Outboard

Hello,

I just bought a 1969 Crestliner tri hull aluminum boat. It has a 4 cyl GM engine that should have 2 single bbl carter carbs on it (need help identifying so I can search these too.)

The reason posting here is that the outboard is different from my 72 crestliner.

On the bottom just above the prop is a screen that I can only assume is for the water pump as the holes for the water pump are not where they are on my 72.

the only number I found on the outside of the outdrive is 382229 if that means anything.

Does anyone have an Idea on the model of outdrive? It is white in color.

Thank you

Buddy

matt167

Captain
Re: GM 4 Cylinder Model CUTM-89B Where do I find parts (carb) how do I search for t

Dual carb is weird. If I had to guess, the 2.5L 153 CI is what you have. Very popular even to this day, the 3.0L version of the same motor exists in brand new boats. A pic would be helpful. The 2.5L was popular with the Midget racers and dual carb manifolds exist for them, but I'v never heard of a dual carb Mercruiser ( not saying they do not exist ). Some early Volvo's had dual carbs, but those were Volvo motors

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Help Identifying model of Outboard

Re: Help Identifying model of Outboard

Ayuh,.... Post up a picture,... My guess is, yer lookin' at a Stringer drive, with the remains of a 120 hp motor in front of it...

Bondo

Staff member
Re: GM 4 Cylinder Model CUTM-89B Where do I find parts (carb) how do I search for t

I just bought a 1969 Crestliner Aluminum boat tri hull. It has a GM motor Number on motor is 3937746

Model # is CUTM-69B

I need 2 carbs, single barrel, Carters I believe.

I don't have numbers for carbs as they are not on the boat. Any Information would be greatly appreciated.

Do I call it a mercruser? There were no mercruser markings on it. (I have a 72 crestliner with a 4 cyl single bbl carb but the engine says GM and Mercruser is marked on the valve cover)

Thank you.

Ayuh,.... You've found an antique OMC Stringer drive with the 120 hp motor...

Good luck findin' any parts for it...

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral

CUTM-69B should be the model
the parts books, parts availability and pricing are all online at shop.evinrude.com
120_zpsd7247f2a.png

go to parts, then use dropdown menu to select "sterndrive" then select your year and model. it goes back to 1968.
approx 90% of the carb parts are still avail

OMC used a lot of GM part numbers. makes it easier to find some stuff.

You might be better off looking for a single carb intake/exh manifold and setting it up like the '72.