Glastron S&F Pricing Questions

tcb

Recruit
Happy ProBowl weekend everyone,<br /><br />First let me introduce myself -- this is my first post on this informative forum. I like to read forums such as this to see what questions people ask and educate myself. My wife and I have put a deposit in a new boat (our first together) recently, which bring me to this post. Anyhow, hello!<br /><br />I have been researching ski and fish boats for about a year and a half, and settled on the Glastron for a variety of reasons. At the Seattle boat show (which we visited three times) we put a small deposit on a Glastron GX205 Ski and Fish. It's fully loaded with the volvo 5.0 carburated motor.<br /><br />I did some price checking at all three dealers at the show, and they all came in within $1000 on the same boat for me.<br /><br />Since there were three dealers selling Glastrons at the show, I spent some time researching which one to purchase from. Verles had bad reviews from several folks on another forum, and I got a bad feeling after talking to Checkered Flag Marina. We settled on purchasing from RMC in Renton, Wa. They are part of the Bob Lamphere family and have another Glastron dealership in Oregon.<br /><br />Long winded, I know. :) <br /><br />I'm looking for price comparisons from others...<br /><br />So here goes:<br /><br />2006 Glastron GX205 ski and fish<br />fully loaded (all available options) including extended swim platform, satellite radio, bimini, galvanized trailer, and side glass option (most come without the side glass installed). Including Volvo 5.0 carb. This does NOT include the cockpit cover kit, but it does include a mooring cover.<br /><br />The price was 28k + tax and licensing. I am leaving the tax and lic out as I would like to know what other people have paid or been quoted for the same boat (or similar).<br /><br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br /><br />Tim