Glasstream Regatta 192 4.3 alpha 1

sogafishin

Cadet
Hi Guys.Purchased my first I/O Friday.1991 Glasstream Regatta 4.3l with an Alpha One.It has an old 17 pich aluminum prop.Come out of the water ok but doesnt jump.Runs out real fast.I havent GPSed her yet but gets to over 5000 pretty easy.I will not be doing any water sports with this boat.Just riding .Any suggestions on a good prop?Does anyone know where can I find info on the web about this boat?Thanks

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Glasstream Regatta 192 4.3 alpha 1

What was the actual rpm?Was it with a light load?You may be able to get your prop repaired and make some test runs getting us the prop size,max rpm and speed.Then we would have a better base line to start from.
Pretty sure 5,000 is too high for your motor.The rpm rating may be on a label on the motor.Probably around 4,800.I would think a 19 or 21" pitch prop.
would be good for cruising and top end.The turning Point Hustler props deliver close to stainless performance at aluminum prices.
I wouldn't make any prop selections without a good baseline to start from.

sogafishin

Cadet
Re: Glasstream Regatta 192 4.3 alpha 1

Finally got a chance to get some numbers.With the old 17p aluminum I got over 5000 rpms a little slow to plane and squeze 38mph.I borrowed a Michigan Wheel Apollo 3 blade 19p stainless.41mph at 4200rpm.Both runs with a fairly light load.I think the Apollo has too much bow lift,seems to be riding high in the front.Planes out in half the time with the Apollo and trims better.Should this hull be riding high?Do I need to be looking for another prop? Thanks