Glassport boats, looking at a few.

BoatinJosh

Seaman Apprentice
I have found 2 different glassport boats local i may be interested in. What ive learned from a previous thread is that the way a boat was cared for is more important than brand. But when i look this brand up there is not much info aside from them no longer being in buisness and a handful of threads here on iboats, which most of them are restores on the floor and transom. Is that a bad sign that i will more than likely have a problem with the floor on one of these boats?

southkogs

Staff member
Re: Glassport boats, looking at a few.

...which most of them are restores on the floor and transom. Is that a bad sign that i will more than likely have a problem with the floor on one of these boats?
Nope.

There have been zillions (give or take) of fiberglass boat builders in the last 30 years. You'll still run across some pretty obscure brands out there. If the boat was well cared for and is solid, there's no reason to expect that it can't continue being well cared for and solid.

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander

Take your time searching and be patient...if the boat you are looking at is clean and clearly taken care of from an appearance standard,, then it's likely that the engine was also cared for... apply common sense and steer clear of boats parked in lawns or fields uncovered with flat tires and rims sunk in mud 1/2 way up...

BoatinJosh

Seaman Apprentice

Okay that basically what i found and a figurd, just seemed odd when i searched the brand and the only things that came back were rebuild threads haa