FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My local boating store was out of gimbal bearing grease so I need some advice. I want to give the lower unit a squirt while I have it out out the water(thanks Irene). Here's what I have in the garage. Which one should I go with?
You don't need to grease it all, not unless you're winterizing it or you've put over 100 hours on it already this summer. If you feel you HAVE to, then I'd use the one on the right in the photo.
I would avoid using a synthetic unless you currently have synthetic in the bearings.Some dont react well with different greases.Sierra spline will be just fine.I have never used anything but marine trailer/wheel bearing grease on my gimbal and have never had one fail ever.