FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Those ice pad machines were awesome for mom and dad after their surgeries. No messing with an ice pack, just a tank and hose. I used to pop out in the middle of the night, swap the bath and start it back up for mom after her rotator cuff.
I've been getting knee injections for 9 years now. It's still helping, but the duration is reducing. When I first started, I was taking Synvisc1, which was great because it lasted 6 months or more. But, it eventually lost efficacy and I had to switch to cortisone. Been on that for a couple years now, which lasts a solid 3 months each time, but getting appointments with the VA to match that is the tough part. How fast were you guys able to get back to driving?
I went to the Orthopedic Dr. yesterday . . . (Same Dr. that did my mother's knees 20+ years ago) . . . And the Dr. said . . . "your knees are bone-on-bone" . . . I was thinking that would be the case.
I'm getting the left one done in December and the right one done in March.
I thought a knee replacement was eminent. I have lost abut 65+ lbs and the knee feels so much better! I just need to keep losing more weight and I might get a full life out of my original knees ...