Getting New Knees . . .

tpenfield

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
19,563
I went to the Orthopedic Dr. yesterday . . . (Same Dr. that did my mother's knees 20+ years ago) . . . And the Dr. said . . . "your knees are bone-on-bone" :rolleyes: . . . I was thinking that would be the case.

I'm getting the left one done in December and the right one done in March. :giggle:
 

Chris1956

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
29,241
My neighbor, B-I-L and others have had that done. The way I understand it is if you faithfully perform the rehab exercises you will have a good pain-free result. If not, the result will be bad and painful. Best of luck.
 

tpenfield

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
19,563
My neighbor, B-I-L and others have had that done. The way I understand it is if you faithfully perform the rehab exercises you will have a good pain-free result. If not, the result will be bad and painful. Best of luck.
Yes, my brothers had them done in the past 5-10 years . . . They told me it was a game-changer. :D I do know of one instance (extended family) that chose to go to the gym and work out shortly after the surgery . . . He had to have the knee re-done and is now unnecessarily impaired. :cautious:
 

Chris1956

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
29,241
Everyone I know that got a new hip really liked it. No so on knees for the above issues.
 

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
53,234
I'm hoping the cartilage replacement advances enough by the time I need my knee done.
 

alldodge

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
44,622
Not ready for that yet, only hurts a little now and then.

Friend had both his replaced maybe 8 years ago and he needs them done again. Bummer
 

aspeck

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
19,901
I thought a knee replacement was eminent. I have lost abut 65+ lbs and the knee feels so much better! I just need to keep losing more weight and I might get a full life out of my original knees ...
 

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 20, 2001
Messages
17,366
I thought a knee replacement was eminent. I have lost abut 65+ lbs and the knee feels so much better!
Same here except #25 did the trick for me.
If only loosing weight would lessen the neuropathy in my hands ;(
 

tpenfield

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
19,563
After a enough revs around the sun everything wears out. For me it was teeth.
My teeth have been a problem for the past 10-15 years . . . I have about 9 implants and set to get a couple more soon.

I'm starting to see that being old is spending 1/2 your time seeing various doctors.
 
Top