Getting a new DD

bubbakat

Captain
Re: Getting a new DD

No problem with the room in this thing and gas milage is in the ok catagory.<br /><br />
camperrestore013.jpg

D

DJ

Jeep/Dodge + Hemi=LOUSY gas mileage.<br /><br />Just talk to some one that owns one and will tell you the truth.<br /><br />Many of my customers (fleet) went that route this year. The fuel economy (lack of it) is destroying their fuel budgets.<br /><br />Just my observed opinion.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by KeltonKrew:<br /> go with the Powerstroke!<br /><br />
No doubt about it KK.. I tried one of the V-10's and traded back to the fuel mill. Live and learn.<br /><br />BTW - You Hemi advocates.. the 60's Mopars called and they want their reputation back :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I just today put gas in my Dodge since I bought it.<br />1024 miles on the clock and it took 5 gallons to click it off, so that is 20.48 mpg just driving around town and it's not even broke in yet.<br /><br />I don't know too many 345hp 4wd pick-ups that will get that just banging around town.<br /><br />As far as fleets go, my fleet might not be the biggest, 8 vans, but I can tell by looking at my gas bill each month which one is drove hard and which one's are taken care of so the fleet thing is kinda ify at most. IMO.<br /><br />It boils down to what you can afford and what suits your needs the best.<br /><br />Sean, good luck with whatever you choose.

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

ee, I had the same exact dilemma a couple of years ago. couldn't decide on the suv or the pu. I didn't have a boat at the time. I bought the pu (Dodge 1500). It has a shell so I can haul and store stuff. It also has the club cab. I have never regretted my decision. Within a year I had a boat. It is a 19 foot cobalt with i/o 260 mercruiser. I towed it to Lake Powell last September (600 miles round trip) On the way home, I watched the gas mileage and got 13 mpg. I felt good about that. Just my 2 pennies.

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey SBN, am I missing something here? 5 gallons to do 1024 miles? Thats more than 200 mpg if I'm not mistaken?

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by rudeafrican:<br /> Hey SBN, am I missing something here? 5 gallons to do 1024 miles? Thats more than 200 mpg if I'm not mistaken?
It's a miracle truck!<br />I even thought I saw an Image of Jesus on the picture Spinner posted up top.<br />Quick.... put it up on Ebay!!<br /><br /><br /> :D :D <br /><br />(I'm sure he made a typo... I can't slam anyone for that... after all, my typing is measured in MPW not WPM)

eeboater

Commander

Ok, i've done some research and I'm going to go test drive 3 vehicles tomorrow (depending on the weather with this FRICKIN alberta clipper coming into town). <br /><br />
  • <br />
  • Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab 4x4<br />
  • Nissan Frontier Quad Cab 4x4<br />
  • Jeep Rubicon Unlimited<br />
<br /><br />I'll let you know how they went!<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by rudeafrican:<br /> Hey SBN, am I missing something here? 5 gallons to do 1024 miles? Thats more than 200 mpg if I'm not mistaken?
Whoopsie, I meant 102.4 miles, not 1024, my bad, hehehe. :D <br />And it took 5.2 gallon :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Well, it's been a week now, what did you do?<br />Curious minds wants to know. :D

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Well, it's been a week now, what did you do?<br />Curious minds wants to know. :D
I test drove...............NOTHING!!!<br /><br />STUPID 12 inches of snow last weekend put a WRENCH in the whole "test driving" plans. Now, I can't tell when I'm going to get time to go test. I had that whole weekend planned out too...<br /><br /> :mad: <br /><br />Sean

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That Rubicon is very nice for off road driving but VERY uncomfortable for every day driving...not much inside room either..

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

A friend has one. I'm not a huge fan of Jeep Wranglers in the first place though.. noisy, bumpy, everyone has one....

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I really like my Dodge Dakota quad cab - 4 full doors, room for 5 adults - truck bed is 5 ft. 2 in. long.<br /><br />I you need more power, try teh ddoge Ram hemi.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

I have a '98 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab and I can say they have plenty of room and power! Could easily fit 5+ people. But the mileage isn't so great. Overall the best truck I've owned.