general fuel question

jdstephwacotx

Seaman
Re: general fuel question

I saw that and I really appreciate it. I'm not sure that I'm qualified to attempt that so I may breakdown and pay the shop to check the timing. If I do, how many hours should it take them?<br /><br />Also, in case I try, how do I know where to line up the flywheel if the orignial sticker is worn off?

jdstephwacotx

Seaman

^bump<br /><br />Any idea what kind of time I'm looking at for them to set my timing?<br /><br />They charge $65/hour.<br /><br />I would like to have an idea before I decide whether to attempt it myself.<br /><br />Thanks

achris

More fish than mountain goat

If all else is ok, then setting up the timing and sync should take no more than a couple of hours. Spell out to the shop that they are only to check and adjust timing and sync, if they find any other problems they are to call you before proceeding. Have them write that down on the job card before you leave the shop.<br /><br />Chris.........

jdstephwacotx

Seaman

Conclusion.....<br /><br />You guys were right for the most part. Unfortunately, I didn't know how to do everything you suggested myself.<br /><br />New switchbox and trigger....they say it's running great. I'll pick it up this weekend and see for myself!<br /><br />If I would have understood how to check spark and I would have found that was the problem before I took it in I probably could have saved a few bucks trying to do it myself but I wasted so much time and money chasing the fuel side and they already had it in the shop so I figured I would just let them do it right.<br /><br />My $700 boat quickly became a $1200 boat but hey, if I can get a year out of it without putting anything else expensive in it I'll still be happy.<br /><br />Thanks for all your help guys.