Gelcoat Damaged by riff raff rock

My boat broke anchor and washed into riff raff, hopefully I can upload some pics to get some guidance from you guys. I will have to repair it myself but do not know what to buy. The worst damage is port side on the edge at the bottom:133.jpg137.jpg139.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Gelcoat Damaged by riff raff rock

Why didn't you just add the pix to the other thread from this morning: Gelcoat Damaged by riff raff rock?

See if you can repeat this photo & have the damage shown better, it's awfully fuzzy:
attachment.php

And may be 2 close up shots, instead of 1. 1 Showing the damage that looks black, and a 2nd that is further back & exposes more of the 'tan' fiberglass.

This pix makes it seem more involved then filling w/ gelcoat:
attachment.php

Most (all?) of this might be gelcoat fill only:
attachment.php

I could not figure out how to ad pix to an old thread. Will try again tomorrow with new pictures. Thanks.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

How sure are you that this damage is only localized to the areas that are through the gel ?

In these cases its better to get a Pro to tell/suggest what happened to your boat.

Not saying you cant fix it yourself .. but a good glass guy will tell you what happened overall.

Have you had this looked at from a professional point of view yet ?

YD.

No just looked myself. It was in the riff raff about an hour before the storm let up to allow me to move it. Lots of scratched but not cracks
other than the gashes.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Yea .. but didnt you say it was taking on water the other day ?

YD.

It has not taken on any water; the damage scraped into the fiberglass but it only roughed the fiberglass in about a two feet section. The damaged area that exposes fiberglass is about 1" wide.