gay marriages are annulled in Calif

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: gay marriages are annulled in Calif

I really am going have to get me a new screen name and avatar!!! :D <br /><br />Thanks Boomyal......

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by achris:<br /> I really am going have to get me a new screen name and avatar!!! :D
How 'bout this one, achris? ;) <br /><br />
40.gif

achris

lol, not funny! lol.......<br /><br />But a good idea......

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by achris:<br /> I really am going have to get me a new screen name and avatar!!! <br /><br />Thanks Boomyal......
I think your avatar shows what your into.. but like my little pic it looks like I have a dead cat :confused: get one that actually swims :) <br /><br />Looks like Boomyal is trying to give you some more punch! :D Not that you need it LOL<br /><br />Back to this post.<br /><br />I could give a rats Arzz less who marries whom. I think every couple should be able to have a contract with who they want to make decisions for them if they can not and who they want to will things to.<br />Example: If something (G*d forbid) happened to my wife I would first choose her mother and second my fishing partner to take care of my affairs. They know me the best and do their best to see my wishes carried out.<br /><br />Even though I agreed with LadyFishes whole post I'll only copy this<br /><br />LadyFish<br />
The problem I have is when a minority forces their behavior on the majority and that of our children to further their cause.
Example: Here is western washington state we had teachers last year having 2nd and 3rd grade kids writing letters to Mr Bush (Not President)<br /><br />"Mr Bush we here in the (grade and school) don't want your Blue Angels of Death flying over our city (Seattle) during the Seafair parade this year!"<br /><br />Since when do 2nd and 3rd grade kids think like that?? Only when taught like that. And that should be by a parent NOT A SCHOOL TEACHER!<br /><br />My wifes whole family is very left wing liberal and hate President Bush just for being alive. But I spent 20+ years in the Military defending their right to raise their kids that way.. <br /><br />But not in Public schools! And that is where I agree with the post by LadyFish.<br /><br />Since this was a local issue I fought it where it worked. But won't debate it here on a forum. After all it would only lead to arguments and solve nothing.<br /><br />OK OK It's 2004 and time for me to come out of the closet (water closet in the old days) at first I thought I was GAY! (because I was happy and that is what it meant) Then it meant I liked / loved men.. so I was still GAY! I still do Love my Brother and Fishing Partner of 20+ years... then I heard about this Lesbian thing..<br />I am now a Lesbian these women are hard where they are supposed to be and soft in other areas...they are GREAT!<br />A CONFIRMED Lesbian <br /><br />Hope this brought a smile to your face!<br />And not too far into left field. :)

achris

Link,<br /><br />I agree with you completely. In particular the bit about teachers taking politics into junior schools. Any schools for that matter. Bad teachers, bad. I also think the fact that the gay and lesbian community has been so hammered in the past is why now that they are getting a voice they are exercising it. The pendulum will swing back and things will take a more tolerant setting. Till then the easiest path to tread is to not stir people up. (Yeah, I know..... :) )<br /><br />As for you being a lesbian, so am I. God I love women. Those beautiful female forms. Does this make me a male chauvanist lesbian? <br /><br />Chris...........

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by achris:<br /> MURX,<br /><br /><br />Let me tell you friend, the juggernaut of progress and change is well on the way, and there are two types of people.
Your "juggernaut of progress" seems to be powered by moral relativism. Many of us don't buy into that sort of thing. It seems to me to be more like a ride on the crazy train. <br /><br />Human society has thrived because we encouraged good, constructive behavior and discouraged unhealthy and counterproductive behavior, by and large, through a kind of trial and error process. What passes for "progress" these days looks more and more to me like arbitrary change without regard to what has been historically good for society. What ancient (or just plain old) society survives today that has long tolerated or encouraged homose*uality?<br /><br />If someone is or wants to be homose*ual, I really do not care. I just don't want to be bound by law to accept or act like I accept it. Recognizing homose*ual marriage would be such a thing.<br /><br />Someone else said that the point is that the California court upheld the law (for once!) and that is a good thing. The courts have for years been forcing unwanted change down our throats in an effort to please special interests whose aims and goals are questionable.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

achris

Originally posted by dogsdad<br />
Many of us don't buy into that sort of thing. It seems to me to be more like a ride on the crazy train.
Type one person.<br /><br />
....forcing unwanted change down our throats in an effort to please special interests whose aims and goals are questionable
What aims and goals are you refering to? I think you'll find that all they want is to be seen as equal in the eyes of the law. Is that so wrong?<br /><br /><br />I do however agree with you about the upholding of the law. In this particular case I think the law is way behind the times. Historically, the law has lagged behind by several years (sometimes decades). It is an atmosphere of ignorance and distrust that has (most) people in fear of a small section of society. Much like the flat-earthers of a couple of centuries ago. It took the 'establishment' 2 centuries to accept and admit the Galileo was right. In the meantime how many were persecuted, even killed? I hope for the gay and lesbian community that it doesn't take that long for social acceptance. <br /><br />I have worked with a few gays (probably more than I realize) and guess what? They are people, just like you and me. They work hard to earn enough money to make ends meet. They own cars, boats and go fishing. A lot of the great actors of yesteryear were gay, didn't stop the masses flocking to their movies did it? And if your wife goes to the hair stylist there's a better than even chance she'll have a gay attending to her. Will you stop her going? <br /><br />The main issue here is choice. Does anybody have the right to stop them making a choice to live their life as they want?<br /><br />Chris..............

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I for one don't like paying their medical bills when they get out and get aids and hiv and then start passing it around to one another and then more medical bills to pay cause they can't/won't work.<br /><br />Don't even get me started on how many has aids and hiv and how many more will get it, just because of their lifestyle.<br />If they want to be that way, cool, just don't ask me to pay for their dumb mistake.<br /><br />I for one don't like it throwed up in my face ever time I turn the tv on.<br /><br />Poor gay this and poor gay that.<br />Bla, bla, bla.<br /><br />Like was said before, lets have a straight day.<br />Nope can't have one of them. Get arrested for forming a group.<br /><br />The courts finally do something right and people are up in arms about that too.<br />They are fighting a losing battle with you people.<br /><br />NOSLEEP, it's no win situation here and I'm done.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Say, folks.<br /><br />If you have something to say about the issue of this thread, please do so, but let's stop making personal remarks at/about our friends.

Carphunter

Commander

Wow, some interesting comments, to say the least.<br /><br />Somebody hit the nail on the head. If anyone opposes gay relationships, then they are labeled a Homophobe. Well, label me a Homophobe then. I do not consider that an insult. Anybody that thinks its "natural" to be a homosexual, apparently has not studied the human anatomy. <br /><br />.....Then you got people spewing stuff like, "Maybe its fear that they themselves, those who are "morally opposed", harbor some deep down repressed homosexual thoughts"?...... :confused: <br /><br />.....Because someone is opposed to something, they have deep down repressed thoughts? :confused: <br /><br />......Thats a HUGE crock of you know what.<br /><br />I would have to say whoever made that statement must be a "Heterophope"............right?<br /><br />Basically, I am tired of having anyones sexual preference forced down my throat. I am a Heterosexual, yet I do not try to organize "Hetero" Parades so I can scream and holler....."I LOVE WOMEN"!....(I mean my Wife) ;) <br /><br />It is indeed a question of Morality. <br /><br />I look at this about the same way I look at the Racial issue. If a minority is treated badly, it immediately becomes a Racial problem.They have been taught to play the "Race Card" if times get tough...................Funny how many of these minorities have their own "Race only" television shows, or awards programs. <br />Just imagine how well a "White Caucasian Awards" show would go over. In many respects, minorities have more rights than the majority. Whoever screams the loudest, will be the ones who get taken care of. <br />Thats bullcrap.<br /><br />Years ago, my Father lost his job because his company did not have enough minorities hired at the time, even though my Father had twice the qualifications for the job. For some reason, that don't seem right to me.<br />.............so its ok for the majority to suffer for the benefit of the minority? :confused: <br />I don't think so.<br /><br />Whats next, each company must employ so many Gays? :confused: <br /><br />If by definition a Homophobe is someone that "opposes" the gay lifestyle, then please label me a Homophobe. <br /><br />SBN, and NOSLEEP, I agree 100%.<br /><br />Have a fine day, I know I will. :)

LadyFish

Admiral

I'm breaking my boycott.<br /><br />My feeling is that the Marriage Amendment was put in place for a reason. To guide people in the direction of a family unit. This meant a husband (male) and wife (female) who were born to reproduce children would unite and raise their offspring because it was the natural order of things.<br /><br />I could be wrong but I believe it originated all those years ago from the fact that there were homosexuals and people marrying children, etc. and our leaders felt that if we furthered this behavior, soceity could cease to exist.<br /><br />Just because I believe the word Marriage should indicate a legal binding of a man and woman doesn't mean I'm anti-gay, insensitive or prejudice in any way. Just like it is the homosexual's right to want to change the meaning of marriage, its my right to want to keep it the way it is. A same sex relationship of the same nature is fine, but don't hinder on my right to keep marriage the way its been for thousands of years.<br /><br />I have a friend who's 3 year old son told her he wanted to marry Elizabeth from his day care. His mother told him that he can marry anyone he wants when he grows up, whether it be a boy or a girl. I found this upsetting. Until she said anything, her son thought marriage consists of a mommie (female) and a daddy (male). Should she have been so open minded with a 3 year old?

one more cast

Captain

Here is my 2 cents worth, I used to despise(sp) gays, homos, lessies, *****s, or whatever the proper term is. Then to my suprise my sister who was married to a man for 20 years with 2 kids says she is gay. something she fought all her life to hide. She now lives with another girl and is happier then I've ever seen her before. It took me a long time to except this but now I can see it is not something she chose to be it is just something she is.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Well, I personally want to be there when they tell the maker to his face that he is a homophobe.<br /><br />Just because we don't accept that life style doesn't make us a homophobe. Next thing you know, all the republicans will be demophobes and the public will start yelling about how evil that is.

gaugeguy

Captain

I'm in the same boat with you OMC, my brother did the same thing. He is happy now with himself and his friend, and I am happy for him/them. To each his own.<br /><br />They do not want to be married as they both believe marriage is between a man and woman also.

MURX

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Say, folks.<br /><br />If you have something to say about the issue of this thread, please do so, but let's stop making personal remarks at/about our friends.
But It's ok to call me a Dinosaur a Homophobe, <br />and a hipocrit though. Makes perfect sense To me<br /><br />There's nothing wrong with moderation<br /> in moderation

achris

For the Encarta dictionary<br /><br />
homophobic [h?mo f?bik, hómmo f?bik] adjective<br />having irrational hatred of homosexuality: showing an irrational hatred, disapproval, or fear of homosexuality, homosexual men and lesbians, and their culture<br /><br />Encarta® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1999, 2000 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
I think the important part of this definition is "irrational".<br /><br />And you didn't have to repeat what you wrote, I already said I saw it the first time.<br /><br />You didn't answer my question though. So, which is it? Live by the rights and freedoms afforded all citizens or hypocrite?<br /><br />Chris..................

SoulWinner

Commander

Anybody ever hear David Allan Coe sing "Anita Bryant"? Now there's a classic bit of homespun Americana!!<br /><br />How bout this; I am currently attending church at Calvary Chapel Gulf Breeze, a non denominational church with a "praise and worship" service like the full gospel, or Pentacostal chruches. (Man, I love a kicked up praise and worship service, like at Brownsville Assembly! Anyhoo, there are more gays and lesbians in this chruch than any other I have been to. Pastor Spencer (brother of the famous Yancey Spencer) does not condone homosexuality, however, we as a congregation love our homosexual fellow worshipers. Look, the bible says it is a sin. So lets say you are in church, and sit down next to couple of gay men. You see thier sin, they don't hide it (Num 32:23 "...be sure your sin will find you out") Well what do you do? Get all fraked out and say "hey, I ain't a gonna worship MY God with you, ya no good ole gay boys....!" What about the nice guy that you met in church who has 5 million gigs of child pron on his computer and no one knows it, or the guy who can't stop thinking about nailing your wife, or the guy who cheats on his taxes, or the married woman who has been sleeping with her boss for three years? Gay, straight, smart, stupid, educated, ignorant,.....we are all just rats on a ship we hope won't sink. And we better start to love one another, no matter what. <br /><br />This issue is not ultimatly about whether homosexualtiy is acceptable or not. No sin should be acceptable in our personal lives, but we accept all kinds of sin as long we are the one sinning. It's when you see someone else sinning that Christians get all rightious and pious and "holier than thou", and that is a load of crap. Get over it, whether we go to the grave with homosexuality, or lust, or adultery, or thievery, or pride, or gluttony, or slothfulness, anr any sin whatsoever, that is between the individual and thier maker.<br /><br />Marriage is a different concern. While most Christians would agree that none of us is without sin, and we would further agree that to God, one sin is no better or worse than any other sin, we are left the question about the rights to marriage versus civil union. Why would this seemingly inconsequential thing be THE question which is raised after all the emotional BS is rendered? Because marriage was spelled out in the bible many times, beginning in Genesis as being one Man and one Woman. Now, you may ask " well, if marriage is ok for a sinning man and his sinning wife, why isn't it ok two sinning men?" Marriage is an escape from a plethora of sexual sins. Marriage is a Religious ceremony, a Christian ceremony wherein two people of opposite gender, according to the commandment of God, vow to God, not each other, that they keep the commandments of God, in so far as the marriage it's self is concerned. Of course , then they don't, but that is a discussion for another thread. Sexual sin is outlined exhaustively in both the Old and New Testement. The only way to practice sinless sex is to do it with your spouse after marriage, and your spouse has to be of the opposite gender. It is a religious matter, not a social matter, not a cultural matter, not a matter of tolerance or inclusion. I don't know any Christians who are opposed to homosexuals being afford the RIGHT to civil unions. We are not bigoted homophobes, nor do we hate homosexuals. We simply desire to protect a sacntified and ordained institution we call MARRIAGE. To God, (according to the bible) the marriage bed is a HOLY place. Did you know that? To God, marriage is a HOLY union, did you know that? We are trying to protect the santity of mariage, we are NOT trying infringe on the rights of anyone. It is strange to me that any preacher would subvert the holy and santified institution of marriage when the option of civil union exists, and afford the same rights and responcibilities as marriage.<br /><br />To sum up: Sin is bad. We all sin, and homosexuality is no worse than any other sin (the only sin that stands alone in the bible the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit). Gays, be they man or woman, saved or unsaved, are no different from me. If they want a legal union, they deserve it, give it to them, but not the holy institution of marriage.<br /><br />It may sound petty. It may sound insignificant. However, to those of us who are trying to serve our God, and know His word, and know what His will is for us, is it as clear as can be. It is all spelled out in the bible, so please don't think that we are Neanderthals just because you don't understand where we are coming from and what our motives are. Like I said eralier, we all need to start loving each other, but that doens't mean that we must sacrifice our faith to do so.

NOSLEEP

Commander

I cant find homophobic in my dictionary. <br />Its "Websters New world Dictionary"<br />Second College Edition.<br />It was published in 1976.<br />No such thing back then. <br />Must be a new Disease.

Carphunter

Commander

Kinda odd to me that a Dictionary would use "irrational" in a definition of a word. Kinda sounds like the publishers of the Encarta Dictionary are "Heterophobic" to me.<br /><br />I can rationalize my disapproval of Homosexuality, therefore my stance is not irrational.