gay marriages are annulled in Calif

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: gay marriages are annulled in Calif

Well said LadyFish
emthup.gif
<br /><br />Now to see if the thumb I tried to borrow from 12 Footer works :) <br /><br />Took two edits but I think I got it
emthup.gif

NathanY

Commander

AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: WHO THE **** CARES ONE WAY OR THE OTHER, ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE TIME TO WORRY ABOUT THIS KIND OF CRAP NEED TO GET A JOB, IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE, GET A SECOND JOB. <br /><br /><br />PS, got a good laugh out of the name CastawayRoy!!!

NOSLEEP

Commander

Why would anyone care about our children.<br />Its only up to the parent to set standards for<br />their children,give them a sense of what might<br />be right and what might be wrong. Really its<br />probably only an opinion anyway. Children don't <br />need anyone to set examples, after all its just<br />a free for all anyway. I'd like to now who the fool's<br />were that thought up this moral thing. What a <br />bunch of self serving Idiots those people must of been.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I don't see it that way, LF.<br /><br />Our Constitution is carefully crafted to protect minorities from the unfair will of majorities. It has taken over 200 years for parts of that promise to be fullfilled. There is more yet to be fullfilled.<br /><br />I, too, am sick to death of all the uproar about it, but I was sick to death of all the uproar over the civil rights of persons of color and of women long before those issues began to progress toward full freedom, too.<br /><br />Our society now accepts the idea that persons of African heritage are not lazy, stupid, irresponsible and untrustworthy. We are also coming to the belief that women (except maybe blondes :D ) can do anything their physical strength allows, and many things better than men. Do you see any hope that Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice would be where they are without that uproar?? Is it likely that he would be sweeping floors in a fast food joint and she would be taking in laundry?<br /><br />Someday the behavior, in private, of same gender partners will be viewed as just that: private, and they will no longer be viewed as immoral or evil anymore than persons of color and women are today. Remember what the popular views of white men were of both groups a hundred years ago.<br /><br />The ones pushing the private behavior of same gender partnerships into the public eye are the homophobes, not the people who simply want freedom to be who they are, unfettered by bigotry and unconstitutional "legal" barriers.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I am both surprised and pleased about a California court taking this position. I think the real gay agenda here is to legitimize their lifestyle at the cost of the institutions that have held society together since the beginning of mankind. Homose*uality may have been around just as long, but is has always been abhorred and seen as disgusting.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

NOSLEEP

Commander

Comparing bigotry and African heritage to sexual<br />orientation has no relevance what so ever to the <br />topic at hand.

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Call them life partners, and give them all the legal rights of married couples, that's fine with me. Don't discriminate against them. At the same time don't change the historical institution of marriage.<br /><br />I think homosexuality is wrong. I think it is a life style choice rather than a way one is born. I know I may be wrong about that, but I haven't seen any strong evidence to contradict my beliefs on the matter. I think what I think, but I would never mistreat a person for being different than I think they should be.<br /><br />Let 'em do whatever they want in the privacy of their own homes and hotel rooms and what-not, give them their own unique status, but don't change the institution of marriage to include something it has never included and shouldn't.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I think it is really great that people are willing to make the commitment of marriage. It shows that they are in a deep commitment to each other.Compare this to certain christian television preachers who are caught red handed in kinky *****houses while they are on break from preaching morals over the airwaves.Who do you think are good people and who do you think are hippocrits?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I don't think JB was trying to showing relevance to the topic Nosleep.....I think what JB was trying to point out is, how long it takes for people to accept what's in our constitution. African heritage was just an example....(blonds too).... :D

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Not to butcher or belabor JB's reply (I think it stands well on its own merit), but I believe he was trying to corrolate the bigotry towards gays today with the bigotry towards persons of color 40-50 years ago (and no, I won't go into the history of the gender 'war', regardless of their hair color... I don't have enough female friends as it is!!).<br />Anyway, JB, point well-taken!<br />And another thing: Is this really worthy of a constitutional amendment to define "marriage"? I don't think so!

achris

More fish than mountain goat

What a two-faced, hypocritical lot most of you here are! <br /><br />I have just been roasted (unfairly) about the right of choice and freedom in your country. Now here you are denying that same freedom of choice to one section of society because you think it's wrong, or 'unnatural'. <br /><br />JB. How do I 'unregister' off this board?<br /><br />Chris.........

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

WATCH TODAYS NEWS,<br />NJ Governor to resign comes out of closet!<br /> Guest NJ is about to have a population explosion!<br /><br /> The only issue on gay unions that concern me is the economic ramifications. <br /> Health insurance for same sex partners, I think that without the legal restraints of the marriage bond it would lead employers who already provide for workers on a thin branch financially for fraudulent health care. <br /> Example: I’m single, and a covered well by my employer. A friend of mine become ill, sereousely needs a transplant. Hmm why not make him my partner, not married, but partner and send the health cost to my employer. <br /> Example: I become ill, terminal, and have a pension, it stops if i am unwed, so I’ll name john down the street as my surviving "spouse”, <br /> If same sex marriage is viewed as a legal binding contract the same as a civil marriage of hetro then some of the potential fraud will be reduced. <br /> It is increasingly hard on American business to provide health care and be competitive with the companies that believe we should all have 2 or 3 part time jobs with out benies. or overtime.<br /> FedEx Ground has the drivers on a franchise/self-employed basis. The cable industries treat all of its installers as "sub-contractors" <br /> I’m done.

LadyFish

Admiral

Just as every single time this subject surfaces, it brings out anger from both viewpoints, and accomplishes absolutely nothing. Will it be 100 or make it to 300 angry posts this time with the same result?<br /><br />I am personally boycotting this thread.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Please hang around, AChris. We need all the open minds we can get.<br /><br />I still don't understand how allowing next-of-kin rights to same gender life partners is somehow going to damage the institution of marriage. I don't think those who shout about the destruction of traditional marriage do either.<br /><br />For what it's worth dept.: I disagree with GWB on this, but I will vote for him anyway. If Kerry agreed with me I would still vote for GW.

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

For clarity, I’m all for same sex marriages complete with all the tidings including divorce.<br /> no anger here.

MURX

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What a two-faced, hypocritical lot most of you here are! <br /><br />I have just been roasted (unfairly) about the right of choice and freedom in your country. Now here you are denying that same freedom of choice to one section of society because you think it's wrong, or 'unnatural'. <br /><br />JB. How do I 'unregister' off this board?<br /><br />Chris.........<br /><br />(EDIT)

Skinnywater

Commander

You can best bet this California court wasn't thinking about the gay marriage issue.<br /><br />It was thinking about law for a change.<br /><br />Mayor Gavin Newsome of San Fransisco took it upon himself to ignore law. The heck with upholding it.<br />The heck with trying to change it. The heck with legally challengeing it.<br />The guy should be arrested and kicked out of office, on legal grounds. <br /><br />This issue was brought before the people of this state quite a few years ago. It was on a state wide ballot. The people of this state overwhelmingly decided against gay marriage.<br /><br />Take feelings and gay completely out of it.<br />If you don't like a law, make the efforts to legally change it.<br />But jeez! Don't simply ignore the law. Like this elected public trustee, turned dictator, imposed himself to do. :rolleyes:

NOSLEEP

Commander

Every one is reading anger. A mistake, there is no<br />anger on this side of the fence.Just a strong<br />opinion,not influenced by personal benefit.Just<br />its conclusion, thought irresponsible.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

wajajaja,<br /><br />Your concerns are my concerns. <br /><br />Skinnywater,<br />Your take is right on.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

MURX,<br /><br />I did see your post before you editted it. It's just that sort of attitude that JB is talking about.<br /><br />Let me tell you friend, the juggernaut of progress and change is well on the way, and there are two types of people. One type, your type, are going to try and stand in front of it and stop it. You will be crushed by it. You are a dinasour and can not or will not accept the way things are changing, and that will be the death of you. The other type of people are those who see the juggernaut and jump onboard. We don't know where it's going, but we are in for the ride of our lives. <br /><br />I am not gay or as homophobic as you appear to be. Wake up and look around. The very thing that is driving all this change is staring you in the face, right now! The symbol of it is your computer! It's all around and it's getting bigger.<br /><br />MURX, you have a choice. Live by the rights and freedoms afforded all citizens, or be branded a hypocrite. So, which is it?<br /><br />Chris............<br /><br />Well JB, looks like I'm stayin'.