FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Does anyone know where I can buy it without it having 10% ethanol in it? I know its great stuff according to some experts but I dont want it based on some of my experts. anyone?
Premium at almost every gas station up here is Ethanol free. BP and Mobile offer a 'pure gasoline' pump at most of their stations. Not sure what Florida is like though.
May be state mandated in Fla.................Here in SC the stations pushing the blend are a few cents cheaper a gallon................that's one way I tell.......................the other is the requires labeling.
Ok, so it seems FL has decided that all consumer gasoline meet the federal max of 10% ethanol. I guess marinas do not fall into that category. So other than a traditional fuel/water separating filter, what else can be done to protect our engines? Is it better to leave full tank(s) or empty tank(s) during times on non-use (weekdays, etc.). I would think a full tank would be less likely to pull water from the air. What about the manual vents? Open or closed during non-use? Would additives like Sta-Bil help, or not have any effect?
Yep, Missouri is pretty well fooked up, but what's new?
On another forum a member tested several stations and found the content of ethanol ranges from 5% to 23%. He didn't elaborate how he got the gas in the little tube.