Gasoline

oddjob

Commander
Does anyone know where I can buy it without it having 10% ethanol in it? I know its great stuff according to some experts but I dont want it based on some of my experts. anyone?

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Gasoline

Then what are our options here in FL? Additives? Recommend any? My marina has non ethanol, but it hurts to pay $5/gal.

Knot Waiting

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Premium at almost every gas station up here is Ethanol free. BP and Mobile offer a 'pure gasoline' pump at most of their stations. Not sure what Florida is like though.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

May be state mandated in Fla.................Here in SC the stations pushing the blend are a few cents cheaper a gallon................that's one way I tell.......................the other is the requires labeling.

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer

Missouri does not require labeling E-10 gas.

In Iowa, at least the last time I was up north, E-10 gas was a nickel cheaper than "regular."

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

Ok, so it seems FL has decided that all consumer gasoline meet the federal max of 10% ethanol. I guess marinas do not fall into that category. So other than a traditional fuel/water separating filter, what else can be done to protect our engines? Is it better to leave full tank(s) or empty tank(s) during times on non-use (weekdays, etc.). I would think a full tank would be less likely to pull water from the air. What about the manual vents? Open or closed during non-use? Would additives like Sta-Bil help, or not have any effect? :confused:

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer

Here's a state by state break down on labeling requirements.

Yep, Missouri is pretty well fooked up, but what's new?

On another forum a member tested several stations and found the content of ethanol ranges from 5% to 23%. He didn't elaborate how he got the gas in the little tube.