Gas

ehenry

Commander
When I left for work this morning I noticed the price of gas at a local sation was at $1.85 a gallon. I work in a town about 40 miles from home and the price of gas at the stations there averaged $1.88. Since this morning at 8 oclock the price of gas has risen .15 to .20 cents all around the area. <br /><br />What are the rest of yall seeing as far as gas prices go?

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Gas

Well EF... you are about a week late... they went up here .20/gal last week. You guys got a break.<br /><br />Anywhere from $2.05 to $2.19 around here.

ehenry

Commander

i guess i'm greatfull for getting to be late ! I'm really wanting to see what everyone else is dealing with. Told my son to go fill his truck up lastnight because I had a feeling it was going up today. Wonder how long it will stay up or if it going to stay this way, that OPEC is finally getting what they want which it the US to be paying over $2 a gallon for gasoline.<br /><br />I read an article yesterday that the president of Venezuala wanted to United States to have to pay over $2 for a gallon of gas, that he was going to lobby OPEC to cut production just for that reason alone!!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The price of crude went up is the "reason" for hike or raise.<br />Up over 53 bucks a barrel last I heard.

KaGee

Admiral

Some "analyist" I heard over the week end said if certain conditions were to happen... crude could go up to $80.<br /><br />The current increase is expected to stick around throughout the summer... if you believe what "they" say.

sangerwaker

Commander

That's what I've heard forecasted for summer prices too. Could easily get to 2.50 I heard. Just went up this am to 2.15 here.<br /><br />That sucks for boat gas!!! :mad: :mad: <br />I go through 250 gallons on a light year! Oh well. Buck up I guess.

eeboater

Commander

alaska.gif
<br /><br />Ripe for the picking but we won't touch it.<br /><br />There's nothing there. There never will be anything there. We can tap it -- without screwing up nature.<br /><br />Sean

ehenry

Commander

They need to start drilling and suckin and Alaska and Jack slap the first tree hugger that says something about it. Canada to for that matter. If its in Alaska theres oil up in northern Canada too.

eeboater

Commander

We can't tap it because people like <br /><br />
arctic-sunrise-greenpeace-ship2.jpg
<br /><br /><br />Er, wait. With a guzzler like that, shouldn't Greenpeace be for lower gas prices?! I'm confuzed.<br /><br />Sean

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Guys, 40-50 dollar/bbl oil is here to stay.<br /><br />The world has proven its economy can grow even with those high prices, so they will kep the high.<br /><br />Before they thought 20-30 dollars/bbl was the maximum.<br /><br />Alaska probably wont make a dent in oil prices. It will come from Russia or some other place with huge, easily tapable reserves.<br /><br />Did you know that in Saudi, they wont dril/produce some wells that would be considered a "gusher" if found in the USA. That is how much oil they have in Saudi.<br /><br />Ken

NYMINUTE

Captain

$2.099 here, went up last week. Dropped a few cents Monday, whuich is prelude to another jump. And GM and Ford wonder why sales are down to forecast.

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

Is it just me or will OPEC shoot themselves in the foot eventually. Keep jacking up the prices and the auto makers will have to design fuel economic vehicles and alternate fuel vehicles. This I expect will be driven by the consumers.<br /><br />Drilling in Alaska: I say we use OPEC's oil first and keep the rest for ourselves.<br />We will still need crude for lubricants.

gaugeguy

Captain

China and India are importing more oil than ever, the demand is there so the prices will continue to climb. I heard somewhere that Americans won't change their driving habits until gas hits $3 a gallon.<br /><br />$1.96 here today.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey look at this way, if you use it, your going to pay for it, plain and simple.<br /><br />Might as well get use to it or do stuff a lot less.<br /><br />As for me, I'm still going to go fishing ever day I can so I guess I will have to pay.<br /><br />Oh well, life goes on. :(