FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1996 Merc 40hp. I rebuilt the carbs and when I pump the bulb gas shoots out the vent jet. Is somthing clogged, do I need to tear the carb apart or can I adjust something.
After taking the carbs off again and fixing/adjusting the floats/jets and before reinstalling the carbs, turn the carbs upside down and blow into the fuel inlets. If you can blow air through the inlet, the jets are still not seating properly. This test may save you taking the carbs off a third time.