gas flow on a 1987 50hp force

Kevin J. Kenney

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
1
having problems when I start running at mid-speed after
minute into speed the engine slows and then shuts off.
It will start back up. sometimes it is ready to shut off and
I will take it out of gear and it would idle. Had problems
with water early in the year, but I replace the tank and
ran okay for two trips. I had the boat in the water started
up okay and then it stall. Tried to start it would turn over
but would run , checked gas screen out ok, dropped bowl
little gas, and adjusted ible screw. Crank without choke
finally started and then I started having the problem.
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,961
Re: gas flow on a 1987 50hp force

I suspect your 19 year old fuel pump diaphram has failed.

It's a $10 repair kit from any Mercury dealer, and will take you about 25 minutes to change it.

If that doesn't fix it, rebuild the carb.
 
Top