Garmin USB Card Programmer and data card???

hckrphil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I purchased a boat with a Garmin 2006C GPS navigation unit....... this unit's latest update was about 8 years ago............ and the unit in my boat was probably never upgraded about 5 years prior to THAT update. I'd like to at least get it up to date with the latest 5.9 software.

Does anyone have a Garmin USB Card Programmer and data card I can borrow / rent? I really only need to use it once to get the system up to date software wise..... I'd hate to buy one for an old system when I only will ever need it this once.

Thanks!
Phil

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Most laptop these days have a SD card slot.

You need a small card. It will not read a ultra density chip. I use a 8GB chip to update mine

hckrphil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This unit does NOT take SD Cards... it only takes the proprietary Garmin Data Cards...... Otherwise I'm fully aware of SD card readers (I have many).

Thanks everyone!
Phil

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Call Garmin. Was reading on another site that they may send you a data card with a deposit and refund the deposit when you return the card.

jforrest1

Seaman
No Title

I just pulled a 2006C out of my boat. Same idea as it was on the boat when I bought it. Didn't have a card and couldn't locate any maps to buy. Garmin told me it is discontinued and not supported and to look for what I wanted on Ebay. The PO didn't have a transducer hooked up and got the same story from Garmin on that as well. I liked the unit but not much sense to keep it.

Attachments

• photo235472.jpg
    photo235472.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 0

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Yeah...if you didn't have a transducer then it's best to change. Hopefully they make something that fits the hole in your dash.

jforrest1

Seaman
No Title

Put in Garmin Echomap Chirp 73DV with Lakeview. Our map was recently surveyed by Garmin so that was the deciding factor. A little starboard and I think it looks great! I love the unit!

Attachments

• photo246694.jpg
    photo246694.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 0

jforrest1

Seaman
No Title

Put in Garmin Echomap Chirp 73DV with Lakeview. Our lake was recently surveyed by Garmin so that was the deciding factor. A little starboard and I think it looks great! I love the unit!

Attachments

• photo246694.jpg
    photo246694.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 0