Gamefisher 9.9 fuel leak

wardcg83

Recruit
Last spring bought a boat with Gamefisher 1997 I believe 9.9 is it the same parts through all years since 1986? Anyway ran perfect was rebuilt and sold to me from boat shop, no problems until this spring. It did run rich side smoked a lot helped with fuel treatment added in but think these do that.
Winterized it by fogging but didn’t disconnect fuel line and think some fuel sat in and gummed it up. Had a really bad fuel leak inside early this spring at fuel connector and priming ball on motor. Tightened priming ball, and replaced connector doesn’t leak nearly as bad and pretty sure not from these spots anymore, but still leaking even just sitting it’s dripping out the back of the motor onto the grass. sitting a weak it is still dripping. Not much inside the looking with top off motor some residue and little bit around the carburetor so confused by where the leak is from. I’m guessing float is stuck but it runs fine regardless the leak and I’ve been running extra fuel treatment through it if it is still gummed up in there. I was going to just rebuild the whole thing trying to find a rebuild kit not too costly. Do I look for Mercury ones too? Anyone know a good link?
But anything I can do outside the carburetor first might fix it? Spray carb cleaner in the throttle plate?

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
1632266669009.png
If Im not mistaken this should be it. Very simple carbs. Pay attention to the spring. I had one years ago it was an ok motor. Nothing to brag about. Sell it get you a Johnson/Evin

wardcg83

Recruit
View attachment 350244
If Im not mistaken this should be it. Very simple carbs. Pay attention to the spring. I had one years ago it was an ok motor. Nothing to brag about. Sell it get you a Johnson/Evin
Thanks! That’s best price I’ve seen. I was actually looking into getting another motor to finish the season fishing. Rebuild the gamefisher meantime. Then I would have a backup in the future and alternate.