Fuel pump rebuild for 1990 Rude 70hp

Wagon

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
3
I need to rebuild fuel pump for my 70 hp Evinrude (1990). It had the VRO dissconnected and plugged years ago. I am told there is no rebuild kit for the fuel pump. There is a kit for the VRO (part # 18-7821) Will this rebuild the fuel pump or oil injection? I really don't want to spend $160 at the dealer for a non-VRO fuel pump. Any ideas?
 

Steve135

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
394
Re: Fuel pump rebuild for 1990 Rude 70hp

Hey you can check ebay I have always had luck geting parts from blown engines. You should rebuild it when you get it, but it will only be about 30.00 bucks total there are rebuild kits from 11.00 bucks also.<br />steve
 

Wagon

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
3
Re: Fuel pump rebuild for 1990 Rude 70hp

I see a kit at maxrules but the info is not very specific. It is described as All VRO pumps - fuel piston replacement kit. Does anyone know if this is the right part to rebuild the fuel pump side of a VRO? The also recommend using a kit for Airmotor repair kit???
 
Top