Fuel Pump in wrong order

pappydear07

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
5
My husband took apart the fuel pump on our 9.9 evirude and now we dont know how it goes back together in the right order and we can seem to find anyone who knows how its suppose to go, We dont want to buy a new one. Does anyone know what order it is suppose to go in or can you tell us where we can find out. And also when we put it together in what we think is the right order it leaks from the vents on the sides. Please help us we are at our witts end.
 

Xcusme

Commander
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
2,888
Re: Fuel Pump in wrong order

As BoatBuoy says, need model/year of your motor. In the mean time , here's a start Link
 

Xcusme

Commander
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
2,888
Re: Fuel Pump in wrong order

Thank You Paul!<br /><br />I lost that link awhile back and it's been driving me nuts trying to find it again. <br /><br />One tip I have referes to step 7, <br />"(7) Place the pump diaphragm (2) on the base gasket. The assembly will be easier if two screws (C) or nails, are inserted up thru the pump mounting holes."<br /><br />I place the pump base on a wooden board. I hammer two 16 penny nails thru the mounting holes instead of using screws to hold the parts. I cut the heads off of the nails. It's easy to stack the parts, one upon the next, without everything moving around. When all layers are installed and screwed together, I slide the pump up and off of the 2 nails, this works very nicely.
 

pappydear07

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
5
Re: Fuel Pump in wrong order

Thanks so much for the help the link that Paul gave us is what we have been looking for. By the way it is a 1974 electric start evinrude. Model Number 10454G
 
Top