fuel pump for 9.9 oem or aftermarket??

awulber

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 25, 2011
Messages
5
i have a evinrude 1979 9.9 that i rebuilt the fuel pump and my mechanic looked at it and its put together right but still does not work so i guess i am going to try to buy i new pump which do you recomend buying oem or aftermarket thanks for the help
 

cajuncook1

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
559
Re: fuel pump for 9.9 oem or aftermarket??

Here ya go and it can be purchased right here on Iboats. It's a good price and shipping is fast. Bought one about a year ago for 9.5hp and it works fine.

http://www.iboats.com/Fuel-Pump-for...7846794--**********.666971889--view_id.174139


Oh, this link below, will help you a great deal with your motor!!!! One of the iboats' member, the machinist, did a wonderful and very through job of putting that site together. Many many thanks to him!!

http://www.sschapterpsa.com/ramblings/OMC/OMC info.htm


Good luck and welcome to the forum!!
 

Rick.

Captain
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
3,740
Re: fuel pump for 9.9 oem or aftermarket??

If you want to have another go at it here is a really good instruction with pics. http://www.sschapterpsa.com/ramblings/Rebuilding_fuelpump.htm
I would do what ever works best for you. Cost and down time are the factors and during the season down time is most important to me. Off season I tend to go more with cost. Best of luck. Rick.
 

ba_50

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Apr 4, 2001
Messages
637
Re: fuel pump for 9.9 oem or aftermarket??

Those little pumps are really tricky trying to put kits in. After about 50 tries I got one right. Wouldn't recommend one.
 

Rick.

Captain
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
3,740
Re: fuel pump for 9.9 oem or aftermarket??

I've heard that before. I noticed even LeeRoy has a little warning saying you might not get it the first try. Sounds like a winter job to me. Rick.
 
Top