Fuel pump/carb question

I am cleaning/rebuilding the carbs on a 92 Evinrude 90. I have already taken the carbs off. I am wondering if I can either replace or rebuild the existing fuel pump without the VRO. It just seems like a waste to have on there since I won't be using it, seems like it could potentially cause future issues. Since I already have it off I assume I can just put the non vro fuel pump on? Also I have searched and searched for threads containing info on how to clean and rebuild correctly, if anyone has a link to any threads like that I would greatly appreciate it!

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel pump/carb question

The factory does not sell a rebuild kit for their VRO pumps. They may feel that they don't want the liability if the customer does not rebuild it correctly and the power head blows up. You can replace the fuel pump with an older style mechanical (premix) type pump. Since you will be installing it in place of the VRO, you will have to use the same pulse line that the VRO used. So you'll have to get the older style 3-port mechanical pump which uses the hose pulse line. Check out pump number: 438559