Fuel delivery on a TRACKER V18 FISH AND SKI 2013. Merc 150 EFI

Scott Echo Lake

Recruit
No fuel back to the plastic filter in the engine. So I think it must be a problem between there and the tank Can I blow back through the hose and see if it is clear? Hook the filter up directly to a gas tank to confirm the problem if it runs? Suggestions? Thanks!

airshot

Rear Admiral
Air pressure might be a bit much, how about squeezing the primer ball and see if fuel pushes thru ? Disconnect fuel line going into filter and squeeze...fuel comming out ? If so then a clogged filter ?

Scott Echo Lake

Recruit
Air pressure might be a bit much, how about squeezing the primer ball and see if fuel pushes thru ? Disconnect fuel line going into filter and squeeze...fuel comming out ? If so then a clogged filter ?
There is no primer ball in the system. But I got one and it will not draw fuel. I ran the boat to the fuel filter from a can and it runs fine. Is there a check valve in the tank system? Or I guess it could be a split hose underneath and sucking air? No easy access to the tank and hoses, as far as I can see.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Clogged pickup in the tank ? Some have a filter of sorts that might be clogged. If a built-in tank there should be a plate where all the hoses and gates should attach, remove the plate and check components. Never said it would be easy to access that plate, in case you were thinking that....lol...