fuel burp-1971 Nineteen

H20wens

Seaman
Recently finished cleaning out the fuel tank and re-routing my fuel vent hose/fitting to the left side just below the rub rail. What a joy that was. At least now it won't burp gas all over my swim platform. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me.

Attachments

• P1000983.JPG
    P1000983.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 0
  • left side - fwd.jpg
    left side - fwd.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0

ziggy

Admiral
Re: fuel burp-1971 Nineteen

hi h20wens.
Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me.
imho, nope, it's not just you. when i'm filled up. 'if' it's hot out or gets hot out later, and i'm full up. fuel pukes out the vent. while i don't have a hip swim platform like you do, it does spill fuel all down my transom. makes a real mess imho. my answer was simple. i just don't fill up with too much fuel. how do i know when to stop ya might ask. i usually fill at home. out of 5 gal. cans. i use sound to know when i'm full. when i first got the boat i'd fill it up till i could see the fuel in the fill neck. not any more. i fill till i can hear the fuel starting to come up the fuel fill line. ya can hear a notable difference in sound as the fuel goes into the fuel tank. when it reaches the fill neck. the sound changes drastically. then i know i'm full. this method of filling has generally been successful in not overfilling and not having fuel puke back up the vent and then down my transom.